Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Flow Motion v2 - 100 Mbps Fast Action Performance - Series 2
  • 316 Replies sorted by
  • @Martinnz11,in window properties must change ;; progressive; there are many useful things :

• Always show me upper field and I can not do slow motion....

• The project i have set to 1920 x 1080 25p

01.jpg
    819 x 566 - 91K
    02.jpg
    1920 x 1019 - 271K
  • ... 25p is recognized as 50i.First modified in progressive and then put it in the timeline as the project must be progressively.Example : project -1920 x 1080 25p

• @Matinnz11,I hope to help

25p.jpg
    1284 x 586 - 315K
  • Please... help me... i have gh2 with flow motion 2.02.... when i record in hbr mode. Editing software EDIUS show me that recorded video is with upper field not progresiive.... why??? When I'm in slow motion footage the video jams

• thank you LPOWELL my nonprofit project for introduce our sundanese culture i shot with gh2 hack flow motion and lumix 14 and slr magic 35 1,7

• Please How can I set my camera to 25p. thank you

• Last night (and the night before that) I was using Flowmotion 2.02 to try to capture the Perseids. I got the camera into MF in order to use a slow shutter speed.

I was shooting in 24L at 1/5s SS. What I got the first time (at 1/5s) was a 37:33 file. No message on camera, just waiting to wake up from sleep. No problem in spanning since the file was just a bit over 3Gb, I was using a fast Samsung 64GB (class 10, benchmarked at 18MB/s write speed) and plenty of battery left. The bitrate, as you might have guessed from the SS, was very frugal. I don't have any numbers here but probably well below 10Mbps...

The next night (yesterday) I tried it again, this time using a faster 1/10s SS (the showers didn't span for more than a single frame in the first try). Same result as before: recording stops at 37:33. Bitrate was probably a bit higher but surely nothing that could challenge either camera or card.

At this moment, I decided to give Sanity X a go on 24L and I got ~2h of footage at 6.5Mbps. No message, plenty of battery left and card space too. So, there are some limits when recording with slow SSs and at first sight they seem to be patch related. Anyone else noticed this?

• @Fuwu No problem about Pal or NTSC if his GH2 is Flowmotion Hacked he can switch Pal (25p) to NTSC (30p) whenever he want. And go with HBR , You will get a nice 1080p 25

• HBR + you need to have a European pal version of the camera, otherwise you get 30p

• Hi there,

I'am new to the gh2 and the hacking. I got flowmotion 2.02 on there but i'am really struggeling to get my camera shoot 1080p25. The 1080i is just horror. 720p50 looks good and so does 1080p24. I'am not really familiar with the camera and not even sure 1080p25 is possible and recomended? Please let me know if u have some more info. Thanks in advance!

Kim

• I had an issue while recording a long shot. After around 1 hour and 50 min the camera got locked and unresponsive with a message saying that the recording stoped due to a speed limitation of the card. I had to disconnect the power. On the card I found 11 spans of 4GB plus a file of 0KB. I suppose the problem occurred at the starting of the 12th span. My card is the sandisk extreme 64GB 95MB/s. The camera was powered by an external current source (original Panasonic AC + homemade coupler), and I was recording at 720p50. Did anyone experience such a problem? Nothing to say on quality. Excellent.

• flowmotion 2.02...all perfect thanks wedding works

• I'm new with flowmotion 2.02, but I must say that now my gh2 goes well on playback also. With the great moon T7 I used to get a "cannot play this motion picture" and had to turn off and back on the camera to play back the picture. With flowmotion, instead, I shot several clips and everything seems to work fine. I have a sandisk 95MB/s 64GB card.

• Here's a short I did with Flow Motion (and a couple Nikon V1 4k clips!)

• Thanks JanH and LPowell.

• Here's a short I made with flow motion v2 back in december. It's pretty lame until it's really tested in the middle during the dance sequence when I switched over to 720p 60fps with a shutter of 120.

• Interesting... for some reason Flowmotion seems to be the best patch to use for green screen. I tried Moon T4,T5, Cake V2.3 but had mixed results, the keys come out perfect with Flowmotion. Just drag and drop the keyer in Final Cut ProX and done. I thought that Moon T5 being All Intra would work best but this is not the case.

Thanks again for this awesome patch.

• Deja Vu by Mumbai Science, I believe.

As usual, I loved the video..particularly at the end with close ups of the "Senior" team. Inspiring indeed.

• @Rambo Gorgeous shots, snappy pacing, and that techno beat... who's song is that? MusicID couldn't find it.

• Flowmotion in the action again..... 720 60p, 1/125, 14-140 kit, shot from a jetski.

• @Azo Thanks for your interest in Flow Motion v2. HBR 30p was one of the most challenging modes to optimize for reliable 100Mbps recording. Unfortunately, Panasonic did not see fit to include a low bitrate version of HBR mode, so I was unable to provide a 60Mbps 1080p30 option. If it suits your needs, you can safely lower the HBR bitrate to make 4GB file-spanning more reliable on slower SD cards. Unfortunately, you'll find that the bitrate of FHD mode will also be lowered since the two modes share several internal settings in common.