Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Confessions of a VDSLR Shopaholic
  • 131 Replies sorted by
  • @Mark

I'd get GH2 + 14-140mm from Adorama with 4% cashback. Only $960. Then sell 14-140mm and a used GH1.

I might gain few bucks out of it :)
  • 10 Practical Tips to Fight Gear Acquisition Syndrome

Do you remember how excited you were when you first bought your (current) digital camera? Re-live that experience by re-reading the reviews of the camera you already own.

Also you can imagine the pain you would feel if someone stole your camera, or if you lost it. Then realize you still have your camera, and you will appreciate it more.

You never know how much you appreciate something until you lose it (material things, your physical faculties, or even the life of a loved one). So constantly practice the thought experiment: “How would I feel if I lost ‘x’ in my life?”

http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2015/11/24/10-practical-tips-to-fight-g-a-s-gear-acquisition-syndrome/

• Also helpful: get busy enough shooting some thing so that you don't have time to think about buying some new thing until you actually need it.

• get busy enough shooting some thing so that you don't have time to think about buying some new thing until you actually need it.

Looking at contest entries that fall each and every year I ask myself where all this cameras are going?

I think somewhere is secret place, near the place where all the socks go.

• And for someone it ends bad