Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
LAING steadicams, arms and vests
  • 66 Replies sorted by
  • Just wondering which of the MC or XC versions of the Laing P-03 Stabilizer makes the most sense for being used with the Panasonic GH1?

• @IronFilm

With native m42 lenses smaller one, of you intent to get larger cam later or big manual lenses - larger one.

• Just received my Laing P-03xc. Excited to set it up, but disappointed that there are no instructions in English included. I guess that's part of the deal.

I'm assuming that there is a decent video tutorial somewhere and will search, but not having a basic manual in a language that I can understand is not a great start.

Having said that, this thing is very obviously well-built. Quality seems fantastic. Very robust. More to come soon as I figure out what I am doing.

Thanks to Vitaliy for the deal and helping answer some of my questions before and during the ordering process.

O

• @Reshaydee

Did yours come with a manual in English off of Ebay?

O

• P-03 is very good steadicam, tried it some time ago. As @ozoufonoun said it is well-build.

• Laing P-04 steadicam

laing3.jpg
    558 x 810 - 43K
    laing1.jpg
    800 x 769 - 77K
    laing4.jpg
    605 x 482 - 44K
    laing2.jpg
    569 x 576 - 74K
  • What is the difference between the Laing P-03 and the Laing P-04?

• What is the difference between the Laing P-03 and the Laing P-04?

Most things are updated. Gymbal, top stage, etc.

• My Laing P-04 arrived today i will try to post some pictures, footage later this week. No manual inside but unit itself looks really solid!

• Just ordered my P-04 and it should be here within a week. Would love to see some test footage and other photos.

• I had few minutes today to take a few photos and some quick footage after initial attempt to balance it. Overall Laing P-4 with GH3 and SLRMagic 12mm on top is quite heavy i need to work on my fitness :D

Product feels really solid, thank you Vitaliy for a great deal!

image image image image image image

EDIT:

Another quick video, this time i took more effort to achieve 2s drop that many tutorials refer to and i have less tilting to the sides. In both I'm holding Laing with one hand I need to learn how to properly operate it with both hands.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something incorrectly (i put my GH3 + Voigtlander 25mm in the middle of the plate) but turning any of the knobs even little bit sends camera completely off balance anyway i will keep experimenting until i find decent setup. Getting some nice quick release place wouldn't hurt as well! :)

P1130293.jpg
    800 x 450 - 306K
    P1130294.jpg
    800 x 450 - 222K
    P1130295.jpg
    800 x 450 - 98K
    P1130296.jpg
    800 x 450 - 117K
    P1130297.jpg
    800 x 450 - 234K
    P1130298.jpg
    800 x 450 - 140K
  • Has anyone used this combo: Laing M-30 Stabilizer (P-04 paired with vest and arm)? I have found it on eBay (US) but shipping to EU direct from manufacturer is quite high.

I was wondering if anyone has used this and any opinions would be appreciated.

• So I'm missing one of the two carbon fibre tubes for the P-03

It is the one which slides inside the other one.

In the description for the P-03 it says "center connection pole diameter (inside)", does that mean this would be the appropriate replacement part to buy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-22MM-OD-X-19MM-ID-X-500MM-Carbon-fiber-tube-1-5mm-wing-tube-Tail-tube-3K-/321526959816?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4adc800ec8

• Have no idea. You need to measure inside diameter using good tool first.

• Laing M-30 Stabilizer (P-04 paired with vest and arm)? I have found it on eBay (US) but shipping to EU direct from manufacturer is quite high.

Current one comes with modified P-04 :-) and it is amazing set. You can find one on our deals http://www.personal-view.com/deals/stabilizers-steadicams-gimbals/laing