Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
2.35:1 1920×820 cropped avchd
  • Hello!,
    i have a question, i´m quite a newbie here, and i really don´t understand too much of the hacking,
    so i have a question :D
    i have many, but here is only one:

-can i change the aspect ratio in avchd
    1920x1080
    to:
    1920 X 820
    to get the cinematic 2.35:1

by only cropping the frame? (with no anamorphic lens atached), this is only to get the framing right within the camera, is that possible?

and of course, as i dont have any anamorphic lens to try, this is a solution for me, if it is possible, is it?

-or perhaps being able to see guidelines with the 1920x820 crop would be better

can i do any of this two things within the available hack?

Greetings to all, from Chile!
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • not currently possible in AVCHD with the hack. You can crop in post, or use tape on your LCD to view "cropped guidelines" :-)
  • haha damn it, thank you for answering in light speed though! (:, but does anyone know if custom guidelines will be available eventually?
  • It's on the list of gh2 improvements, so in time I think it will happen, but it's not top priority.
  • Crop AVCHD in post to 1440x1080 and then transform to 1920x720 for 2.66:1 with a 2x anamorphic lens.

I'm also looking into upscaling plugins for Premiere Pro to better resize anamorphic footage. I have one I'm working on at the moment but can anyone else suggest any?
  • +1 for EOSHD's suggestion. this will keep the final product very sharp, going from 1080 vertical to 720.
  • His suggestion is for with an anamorphic 2x, of course, as he says . . . not for normal lens shooting like you were asking about, just to be clear.
  • @stefanos thank you! is good to know, if it is available from here to december i will be happy :), cause i´m planning to shoot my first movie on january with th ghVK!

@B3Guy hahahah yeap the EOSHD suggestion (btw i read your webpage :), doesn´t work for me, but i appreciate the knowledge though...