Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • I did donation, wishing GF2 manual mode :-)

• +1 jasketti. It'd be definitely a plus having a unique ID in the filename... (and only optionally being able to reset it)

• Just donated. Thank you, Vitaliy, for the great, very useful, work!

• Vitaliy, thanks for your work!

• Just made my first donation. Plan to donate every time I use it for a pro gig, as a rental fee.

• I believe this has been brought up before. Vitaliy, are you planning to try and incorporate an HDR-Mode into the Hack? I am impressed with the Canons results.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

"Film modes tweaking and may be image processing adjustments are our top general priority and I am slowly working on this using different approaches."

Thanks for the update. I look forward to the progress!

• Vitaliy, can you disable the HDMI out disable? I want to attach a HDMI-Composite adaptor (and then to a DVD recorder), but the camera blocks the HDMI out when it detects my adaptor. This would be very valuable to me! Thanks.

• @AthenaProductionsNet

Get normal HDMI monitor :-)

Otherwise, this is development topic.

• I'm currently using an Olympus 35mm macro lens with the DMW-MA1 adapter. However, compatability only came with Firmware 1.2 update. (Otherwise can't use lens at all!) I'm concerned that in installing PTool (which I would really like to do), I will lose my lens compatability - and can I backtrack to V1.2 if so? p.s. Olympus lens focus is accurate, but atrociously slow and illogical. Lens messes around for a few seconds before finding focus. I have to press trigger button three times to get it to macro range as it jumps about a third closer with each press, and then goes hunting for focus in the long end. Sigh

• @capebio

Thios is wrong topic for this question.

• Is there planned to add some additional features to the GH2? It would be really cool if you could teach the GH2 zebras and focus peaking. I don't know if this might be possible or not. Nevertheless, you did a great job with your work and espeacially the high isos in video mode saved more than one night of shooting!

Cheers, Sporki

• Hi, as Ive stated before, I'm totally new to cinematography.. the only cameras I own are a GoPro HD Hero 2 and a Sanyo Xacti... neither of which can you change lenses or do anything manually complex with...

I have warmed to the idea of the GH2 and before I buy one I'm learning what I can about the different hacks for it so that I can decide which one will help me get the style & quality of footage I desire the most.

Can anyone tell me what this particular hack would offer me in comparison to some of the others? which is the most commonly used hack for obtaining cinema/filmic images?

Sorry if my question are too vague I will try to elaborate if required. I don't know the first thing about hacks for any camera. Thanks.

• for instance, how would the potential of this particular hack be different to the potential of using the Flow Motion V2 hack?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Have you ever investigated the possibility to make AF/AE lock button work while recording? Is it possible to enable it via hack? Obviously, if lock hold is set to ON in menu the lock button DOES work while recording but only once - it releases the previously locked exposure. Couldn't there be just some code intentionally switching it off for the rest of the session?

• I think this is not a forum for people that would want to use anything automatic in this camera ;)

• Sorry I am late to the thread... is there an update to the hack since Feb. of this year? I am still very interested to see fix for Chinese language support in the menu. Many thanks to people that contributed to this project.

• Hi @Vitaliy_Kiselev , just wanted to ask how is the development of film modes hack going? any news or is it stopped now? I would really like to know if it´s possible to tweak the film modes settings, thanks!

• @hedrox I am also very curious, but its been so long I doubt any more progress. I would love a less contrasty flat type look, just a little more flatness would go a long way in some situations.

• @hedrox @JPB1138

I am working on this, I just had very small amounts of free time lately.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thanks alot. It would be a great chance for exploration and new looks, if you can achieve it. Hope to hear more soon!

• @JPB1138 +1 for the less contrasty flat look, this could be big improvement in gh1/gh2 IQ ... thanks for the info @Vitaliy_Kiselev, will donate soon as I can

one more question, are you working allways alone on the hacks? It´s just my stupid idea, but would be there maybe some hacker that could help you with the development? maybe an article on m4/3 rumors that you are looking for developers or something similar could maybe help? I know it´s not easy thing to do, just don´t know how to help you except donations and writing less posts on this forum :)

• I'm also still really interested in film modes.

I'd also really like to see on-screen (and preferably record) a negative version of the image.

• Dear Vitaliy. Is there still some development going on for the modified picture profiles on the GH2? Or are you completely concentrating on the GH3 now? No offense. I'm just curious.

• Is there still some development going on for the modified picture profiles on the GH2?

I did many experiments, no big results yet.