Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
A short film I helped DP
  • So here's a short film I did DP/lighting/camera on. I had assisted the director with a music video some time ago and we hit it off pretty well so he asked me to help him shoot this short. Unfortunately I was asked to use a 5Dmk2 rather than the GH2 but I was able to use some really high end Canon F1.2 lenses so that was pretty cool. We used Kino divas and practical lights for all of the lighting and also a nice crane/dolly setup. I'd say it turned out pretty well for 10-12 hours of work. From what I remember seeing, there wasn't too much grading done to the final version. Most everything was done in camera, including the stuff you see on the computer screen. Overall it was a fun shoot and everyone was pretty cool to meet and work with.

PS: It helps if you are a David Lynch fan..

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • 42 views and not a single reply.. This must be really good or really bad.. :)

• @svart Funny stuff. You got a lot of the Lynch style elements down, even the sound. Well done. Must have been fun to shoot. Thanks for posting.

• Not sure why no one could be assed to make a comment but I think it was a great effort.

Derivative? Yes, but a great effort nonetheless.

BTW, kudos to the set designer - impressive. Where was it shot?

• Thanks guys! It definitely was a fun shoot. It was a long day, mostly non-stop but everyone got along well. The place we were shooting was a downtown skyscraper, in an advertisement agency. They had their own food booths and the a lot of the work-surfaces are actually tables in open areas so we didn't actually have to do much set design. We just moved stuff around a bit to get the clutter out of the shots, the rest was just how the location was. They also had all kinds of fun stuff to do like ping-pong and game consoles but I didn't get to do much of that since I was usually either shooting or setting up lighting/camera for the next shot or trying to cram in lunch between takes, you know, the usual for a DP. :)