Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 ordering and availability topic
  • 239 Replies sorted by
  • My recent email exchange with Panasonic Australia:

So...where is the GH3 camera that has already been available for many weeks in the USA and Europe? You should take notice of the comments on photographic forums to the effect that Australia (particularly Panasonic Australia) is the "arse end of the world" when it comes to availability of a new Lumix model. No wonder Panasonic lost several Billion dollars last year. No wonder people need to resort to the Grey market imports out of desperation!

Panasonic reply (21/1/2013):

Thank you for taking the time to contact Panasonic with your enquiry.

Sadly we are unable to provide an availability date on the DMC-GH3 as we are currently waiting on further information regarding its future availability. Personally I would suggest against obtaining a grey import as we will not be able to provide support and depending on the country from where it was sold, it may not carry a warranty in Australia.

WTF?

• Personally I would suggest against obtaining a grey import as we will not be able to provide support and depending on the country from where it was sold, it may not carry a warranty in Australia.

This was the best part!

How about make proper worldwide guarantee, guys?

• Same story here in Singapore. GH3 not available anywhere. Screw Panny!

• @PixCanFly

It is ok. Every GHx camera has same fate. I think name is cursed.

• Yes! My B&H GH3 is finally shipping tomorrow!

• On the international issue, Lumix has been big in Panama for years, huge advertisements everywhere, cameras in every electronic store, pop-ups in malls, etc, but no GH2 ever came, and no GH3 it appears will.

• I'm getting no replies from my pre-ordered store either. I think i might just cancell it and get a grey import instead. Pana australia is useless.

• @Kob , i got brand new GH3 here in Sweden and it does not come with protected film on LCD.

• @ MRFanny, you reckon you could get one with an international warranty from somewhere? Is that possible. I was fine about getting my GH2's from Hong Kong but the GH3 I was hoping I could buy local in Sydney due to the higher price which for me would make a warranty appealing.

• I guess the GH3 is slowly crawling into Asia. Should be in store anytime next week in Singapore. Screw Panny anyway,

• The battery grip is finally in stock at B&H.

• @whynot nah I dont think they cover grey imports. The only fix is a panasonic service centre. you can always ask but im sure they will want to persuade you to buy local. When I import I take the gamble of no warranty and hedge the cheaper prices, faster delivery resulting in paid work will offset any possible warranty claims if any.

that said, my pre order with gerrygibbs just got back to me saying they are expecting delivery sometime this week, so fingers crossed I will be getting mine soon.

• @feha - thanks for the info. I will accept my unit as a "brand new" then.

• Was supposed to arrive Wednesday, will pick up at UPS on Friday. Ordered from Adorama January 7.

• Wish they send some down south to Australia...

• Wish they send some down south to Australia...

You can order from any of them and sent to Shipito :-) As I understand BH sends outside US by itself.

• You just might get stung with import tax to Oz cause its over 1k thats all. I've got stuff sent to Aus with shipito, never had a prob...same goes with B&H

• @MRfanny

Again, it is you personally who wrote customs declaration at Shipito :-)

• @Vitaliy haha..yeah i know but i've never had the balls to try lol. If i dont get my pre order by next week ending i just might give it a shot. I have asked ebayers to fudge value with lenses and it has gotten through so it just might work =)

• @Vitaliy I would, but I need 25p :(

• Does anyone know where I could buy a GH3 (PAL/NTSC)? Or are they all back ordered?

• @azza_act kits are avaiable at Henry's e.g. http://www.henrys.com/75597-PANASONIC-GH3-W-LUMIX-14-140-LENS.aspx I don't know where you can buy body in stock though.