Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3, future, new firmware and expectations...
  • Panasonic probably fix many of the problems. Can we draw a revision list. I'm sure this list will be useful for @Vitaliy_Kiselev and his new toy GH3vK :)

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • We have simple rule, until camera will be in our members hands and we'll have more focused fact based discussion I want to keep one topic. OK?

What do you mean under revision list?

• Sorry for my bad english. We all know that, this camera was running firmware version v0.4 and so by no means final yet. I thought it might be under a heading "Expectations". People are waiting for something new firmware.

• Got it. I think we have big GH3 firmware wishlist topic :-) It made very long list.

• Peaking & 4:3 video recording please.

• It's interesting Vitaliy. IMO, the success of the GH1, GH2 and unless there's a lot more to the GH3 than I've seen...the GH3, was/is due to your work. You'd think Panasonic would put you on the board of directors! Anyway....Clean HDMI

• Dirty HDMI option, please . . . very dirty, but with parental controls of course. how they can want $1300 for just one body is ridiculous. Unless it can display dirty stuff via HDMI and can make me espresso, I will not pre-order it. I've lost all faith in Panasonic, I guess I'll just go back to some other religion for affirmation that I am awesome and hipster. I would beat myself to death with my camera, but GH2 body is plastic and therefore cheap and obsolete and would not work.

• Near term this is an exercise in futlity. 7 weeks from general availability, I am sure the first release feature set is etched in stone already, the system hardware is also etched in stone. What Panasonic does now until November is ensuring a stable product. To what extent can "other features" be added into future releases will no doubt be constrained by hardware limitations, and I am sure there are plenty. For a $1300 consumer product, the R&D and supply chain teams will have to meet a hard cost target and cost reduction curve as volume ramps up.

• LOG C Picture Profile, to play with this incredibly unbelievable magic "only" 12stops "extra wide dynamic range"

10bits/422 HDMI output

120fps 720P

That's all.

Thanks panny.

• I forgot ... Giving GH3 dump to Vitaliy as soon as possible, to make real precedent post.

many, many thanks panny. :-)

• 422 not only in HDMI out but also in mov and mp4 compression

Timecode in through remote-plug

Focus peaking

• gh3 yes it will do all modes above 154mbit iframes. 60p 48p 50p 25p 30p all modes above iframe 154mbit.

• 720p120. Surely this camera is capable.

• Yeah, it's probably just a codec issue :/

• @disneytoy

Use proper topic.

The GH3 has multi aspect ratio sensor!

And stop bringing this shit.

• According to this video (http://www.43rumors.com/panasonic-us-manager-interview-focus-peaking-may-come-via-fw-update/) it has a multi aspect ration sensor, but it is not enabled by firmware. Is that possible?

• OK, I am closing this topic for some time, as it is going to be parallell.

@neveraholiday

Open video and look at it. I did not find any such claims inside.

All such claims come from one guy who claims that someone told him this in private chat.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions