Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
EU: Car sales suck
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Seems to be declining in a constant way. Does this apply only to USA car manufacturers or also import cars?

• It's Partly because longer lasting turbo diesels are widely available, and gas prices are relatively high right? Who needs a new car if my old one is too good, and the used car market has a lot of good options. Also public transit is better in Europe from what I have heard... Compared to USA.

• How may cars do you need. Also European small turbo diesel cars are very efficient so there is much less need to upgrade 9as you are seeing in US). I drove an an Audi A1 from Paris to Amsterdam. It has the 3 cylinder turbo diesel. ~4.2 liters per 100km, highway observed at ~120-125km/h, amazing. Nice engine sound to boost. I wish my US car can do (remotely) the same. Hopefully Ford will bring over here its 1 liter 3-cylinder.

• My rule of thumb is buy a Honda and drive it for 200,000 miles. Walk into the dealer with a suitcase of cash at 20 percent less than anybody else is paying and see if you get out without a new car at rock bottom price.