Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Short film I made with my Gh2, 25mm 1.4 Summilux and Rokkor 24mm md x 2.8
  • I made this little spoof for a video competition. This is my second completed project and I learned a lot. Check it out and if you like it, please click on "like" as it counts as a vote. Any comments are appreciated.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • nice done, i like how it is done.
    but what happened when you did upload it to youtube, or did you render it in a very low bitrate..

• Well, you tube plays it at 360p by default. You have to click on 720p in order to see the higher quality.

• even then its not good

• I edited in Premiere Pro CS6 and used 720p Youtube preset. What bit rate do you use or recommend?

• Youtube compresses the hell out of their files. Looking at the file though my download program it says the 720p version is 60mb, which is way to small for this length. Granted that's after youtube compression and youtube compresses the hell out of the file. Always upload as big a file as you can with your connection speed to counteract that. Around 100-150mb per minute depending on how much action and movement is in the shots.

Did you have to have the video file under a certain size? If so, next time upload a bigger file to youtube then once it's processed download the youtube version and submit that one. It won't reprocess and make it even smaller, it will just upload it and post it as is. Aside from that it looks good. Clicked like to give you the vote.

EDIT: Looking at my CS6, the youtube720p H.246 preset is 5mbs(?!?!), yeah, no, go higher. I usually go from 9-15mbs depending on the vid.