Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Super-slow conversion of hacked GH2 footage on the new Vimeo
  • Has anyone else had the a problem with uploading hacked GH2 footage on to the new Vimeo? Yesterday I uploaded 1 minute of GH2 Sedna C footage filmed with a bitrate of 166 Mbps to the new Vimeo. It is a .mov file which is about 1GB big. After the successful upload I got a message on my browser screen from Vimeo which informed me that the bitrate was excessively high. I understand that the high bitrate is due to the hack and I am not quite sure whether downsampling is either desirable from an aesthetic point of view or whether it is technically actually possible. For more than 16 hours I have been informed that "Conversion is about to begin. Great things are about to happen - your video will start converting shortly" without any progress. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I really suggest to read Vimeo guidlines to understand that video settings are preferable for upload.

• Thanks, Vitaly. In terms of bitrates Vimeo informs us that we should "use 2000 kbps for standard definition or 5000 kbps for high definition video". My problem is that as a novice to Final Cut Pro I don't quite know how I can render the footage to 5000 kbps rather than the 166 Mbps.

• Ok, I found the tutorials on Vimeo which explain everything: https://vimeo.com/help/compression