Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • @rajamalik Nice and sharp! Now I might go and try this hack out.

• @DeshonDixon i didnt used any special grading other than fcpx default color correction tool. Quantum v9b sedna Matrix is so good. i am at present testing up all new sedna A AQ4 161mbit cbr extreme kayser from @obscura.

• @rajamalik Where do I find those hacks at?

• @DeShonDixon I believe all settings/hacks were posted back on June 2nd ...the start of this thread. You should see all of the settings/hacks posted by driftwood. There are two for the Quantum 9b ...the second one is the upgraded version of Quantum 9b. Hope this helps.

This link might get you there: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3454/driftwood-quantum-x-settings-series-5-cluster-v4-mysteron-crossfire-quantum-9b-sedna-etc.../p6

Just keep scrolling through all of the posts from "June 2" ...you'll find the settings/hacks.

• its in page 1 of this thread @DeshonDixon

• @MartinD @rajamalik Oh yeah I know that I was talking about @obscura 's hack. But never mind thanks anyways!

• @DeshonDixon go to obscura thread he has 2 threads for Panasonic matrix aq4 q8 161mbit CBR kayser and Sedna A matrix aq4 161mbit CBR kayser. I patched my cam last night with sedna A aq4 161mbit CBR It works great lets see abt the results

• Hi, i would like to marry or merge duratix timebuster with one of nick's patches and i'm not sure which one would be best for that. I shoot 24p and want to keep that setting as intact as possible. so will go for the HBR version of duratix patch. Any suggestions? I'm thinking cluster but which one? So far i've been shooting sedna and it as been a real joy. I haven't used any other patches so far. at the moment i only have two memory card i suppose i could alternate between the two but it would be nice to make a merge if possible.

• @Diffusion33. If you like Sedna, then I suggest you go with Cluster v3 which uses Sedna matrix. I have been using it and happy with the quality.

• @zaven13 cheers just had a look at cluster v3 again and your right, this patch seems to be well suited for a merger with timebuster :-) going to load that up and see what i come up with :-) What about Cluster v4? i'm pretty sure it will work with Cluster v4 (12/15 GOP) just wondering if it would work with The ALL 6 GOP setting?

• I've been using Dark Matter v3 since I bought GH2. It was stable for me on 16GB SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s and I like the results but would like to know if there is anything better that I could try out and that would work on my card (I don't need long takes, 4min cap is ok).

Thanks!

• Just wanted to share my latest test where I wanted to see the true colors from my new lens, Zeiss 50mm 1.4, and the GH2. This is a video with no grading or color correction at all, everything is straight from the camera (I added sharpen in Premiere).

I was using Sedna AQ1 Smooth (-2-2-2-2).

Sequence 05_1.jpg
    1920 x 816 - 1M
    Sequence 05.jpg
    1920 x 816 - 1M
    Sequence 05_3.jpg
    1920 x 816 - 1018K
    Sequence 05_2.jpg
    1920 x 816 - 1M
    Sequence 05_6.jpg
    1920 x 816 - 1M
  • Nice work David

• @davidhjlindberg Very nice David, which version of the Zeiss did you get and what adapter?

• How does Mysteron do against Orion v4 Dark Matter v3? I 60p is stable in Orion is 60p pretty stable in Mysteron as well? And is Sedna Q20 A sharper than the AQ1 A? And hows the slow mo on Q20 A? I know on AQ1 A it sucks.

• Doing a project on Cluster4 long GOP, needed spanning, had the PM walk into my office when I was reviewing test shoot footage and said the detail was superb... I said the main talent needs more makeup or we will have to shoot it wider.. Amazing image quality isn't always your best friend.. lol

• David... great footage.. I have Ziess Jena 50mm 1.8 and it doesn't look that good on smooth -2 across the board.. actually nothing I have on smooth -2 across the board looks anything close to that ... I like smooth, great flat footage, unless I'm handing raw footage off to to others because there immediate reaction is "garbage" .. Smooth -2 is usually very very very flat footage that most minimal editors have no experience with. I usually run vivid -2 across the board to get footage out of camera that looks "relatively correct".

As others have said "What Ziess lens is that?"

• stability test results 25p: Quantum 9b updated works nice in HBR 25p on sandisk 30mbs-does not spam just stop recording (good enough :)) I know driftwoof patches ar for faster cards. However non of cluster 3 nor 4 span on that card 25p. I was hope for cluster 4 25p 12 long gop will span, unfortunately -speed card wright error, battery out. 14-140 8f 1/100

thank you @driftwood

• @strancali Thanks! I used Zeiss Planar T* 50mm 1.4 and this adapter to be able to set the aperture: http://www.cyberphoto.se/?http://www.cyberphoto.se/info.php?article=KI102209

@sohus Correct

• Mostly Hacked GH2.

• Gotta give thanks to Driftwood!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions