Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Tips and tricks for shooting real estate videos with the GH2
  • Hi guys, I'm (maybe) starting at a new company that is wanting to get into the real estate video side of things and I was wondering if anyone with like to share some advice on the subject?

I found this helpful http://vid35.wordpress.com/2010/12/28/how-to-shoot-real-estate-videos-in-7-easy-steps/

Just seeing if there is anything more info I could use. It seems lighting may be to trickiest thing to get my head around.

Cheers

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • I'm sure they mean 50Hz lighting, and not 50kHz. That would be quite a shutter speed to match that! But aside from that niggle some really nice tips - particularly the ones about writing the voiceover first so you know what to shoot, and about choosing a slightly lower camera height so you get less ceiling in shot without tilting the camera (which would look bad with a WA lens).

One tip I learned from watching news footage come in for editing: if you have a moving camera (which they suggest in the article above), then for max flexibility in editing, start on one place, do your move, stop and hold the camera position for about 5-10secs (time it as it always seems longer than it is) then do the move back, and hold the shot at the end of the "return" move for a similar time, 5-10secs. That way you get four possible shots out of your one: one still at each end of the pan, and two moving shots, one in each direction. You have maximum flexibility in editing for not much more time taken during the shoot.