Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 files to PHOTO JPEG
  • Hello, I have a big problem converting files after editing to PHOTO JPEG. Even if I choose the best settings the quality is really bad. There is a lot of aliasing which is not so visible on the original file?

I'm using Windows and Premiere pro CS5. The same thing was on Apple and Final Cut.

Is there any solution to that? I must have PHOTO JPEG as an output.

Here is a sample picture: http://shrani.si/f/g/a5/vhSletJ/test-gh2.jpg

Thanks for the help

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • encoder used? bitrate? (you are going from MTS inter-frame to M-JPEG intra-frame so you'll need a whole lot more bitrate), target resolution?

• Encoder, hmm, I used Adobe media encoder.

This was shot with the Quanum hack at 65mbps at 1080 / 30p.

I would like to have output 1080 30p and JPEG quality from 95-99%

I can adjust to anything, as long as I can get quality picture out of the GH2 and have final clip converted to PHOTO JPEG or MJPEG-A.

Thanks

• I sell stock video and do something like what you're trying to do, but I use Sony Vegas to render it...then run it through Streamclip into Apple Motion JPEG A Quicktime file..1080p 24fps..ends up being about 300-400MB file for a 10-15 second clip and no visible loss of quality.