Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Good quote: The road of life

From the memoirs of one the boys from this photo (on the left he looks out from behind Lenin's hand): “At that time it was difficult for everyone to live in Moscow, and especially for us street children. At night we hid from the cold in sewer boilers or in basements. In the mornings we got out smeared, dirty. During the day we got ourselves food in different ways and at night we climbed into our holes again. We spent the night in the center, somewhere in the area of ​​the Nikitsky Gate, visited Neglinnaya, Lubyanskaya Square and other places. Once we were attracted traffic and noise in the streets near Red Square, people with banners were walking along them. We also ran to the square. We visited it, probably everywhere. Our attention was attracted by a big black car. Several guys, including myself, ran up to this car The entire Red Square was visible from it. They wanted to drive us away from the car, but there was a man who turned out to be kind in it. He said not to touch us, after that we firmly settled down and looked at the passing columns on Red Square. This was the celebration of May 1, 1919. "

This former street boy grew up, received an excellent education and became a famous scientist, academic. Biologist Nikolai Petrovich Dubinin, whose list of positions and titles takes up an entire paragraph.

sa17379.jpg
    544 x 574 - 39K
    sa17380.jpg
    540 x 598 - 58K
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • "Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem."

-- Joseph Stalin

• @firstbase

Some guys here so much advocate for accurate citations. :-)

Shit you posted is not Stalin quote and even falsification is distored

This statement was invented by the writer A. Rybakov and attributed it to Stalin in his book "Children of the Arbat":

“In one of my articles .. I reproduced the well-known aphorism of Stalin:“ There is a person - there is a problem. No man - no problem! " Anatoly Naumovich stared: where did Stalin say this? What is his work with such text? Or in a note? Or in what speech?

I thought about it. He replied this way: knowing a little of Stalin's psychology, I suppose and even am sure that these are exactly the words he never said in public. And he didn't write. He was a great actor in politics and would not allow himself to reveal his essence. He could afford such frankness only in a very narrow circle of his "associates", or rather lackeys. Where did I read this? Yes, somehow vague. Hangs in the air. A lot of where. In memoirs ... In journalism. This phrase became a kind of stamp for the designation of that era.

“So you don’t remember exactly where?”

-- Definitely not.

-- So that's it, - cried Anatoly Naumovich with youthful liveliness, - I invented it myself! For the first time in Children of the Arbat, Stalin utters this phrase. I composed - and put it in the mouth of Stalin! I wrote this novel 20 years before it was published in 1987. And from there she went for a walk, and no one remembers where she came from. I, I am the author of this aphorism. And so - no one remembers and does not know ...

Unconcealed bitterness sounded in the last words"

Note how scum and presstitute is upset that no one knows that he did.

• @firstbase Just for curiosity, how happened that a quote about Stalin arrived in a tread on a quote about Lenin?