Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Rolls MX36
  • I've been looking around at the options for an onboard 2 channel mixer with Preamps, and it seems the new Mix Pre-D is the king for under $1000. Next down the list are the Beachtek DXA-SLR and JuicedLink CX231. Now I came across the Rolls MX36 http://www.rolls.com/product.php?pid=MX36 for quite a bit less on B and H. I haven't been able to find many hands on reviews and was wondering if anyone had assessed this mixer.

My goal is to have a nice onboard audio system to go with my GH2, preamp sending audio to a DR-100 and the GH2. Obviously this isn't a Sound Devices, but are there any red flags which make this mixer crap? There don't appear to be any level meters which could be a big issue. I guess I am wondering more in terms of sound quality if this mixer will deliver quiet results.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Have you found anything on the rolls, It seems like a good option specs wise. How good are those preamps?