Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
ThinkPad T15g Gen 1 - finally some normal notebook

• CPUs
      • Intel Core i5-10400H to Core i9-10980HK and two Xeons options
    • GPU
      • GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q or GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q
    • up to 128 GB of either ECC or non-ECC DDR4 RAM (not soldered, up to 4 DIMMs)
    • 15.6" panel, from 100% sRGB FHD panel to 4K OLED calibrated to 100% DCI-P3
    • Two M.2 2280 NVMe SSD slots (at this moment Apple engineers kill their manager)
    • 2x Thunderbolt 3 ports
    • SD card reader and more
    • 170 W or 230 W slim AC adapter

sa14188.jpg
    800 x 606 - 60K
    sa14189.jpg
    800 x 638 - 158K
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • So it's a P15 chassis with optional Xeon and consumer GPU. UHD screen option is DCI-P3. This actually very sensible, as it can be bought by gamers and video professionals alike. What I would like to learn are the thermals. It is known top end GPUs burn out laptops when used heavily.

• Lenovo boasts that its new laptops feature an improved thermal design with 13 percent more air flow and a 30 percent larger CPU heatsink. Internally, they also sport a more modular design, which allows for a larger variety of CPU and GPU configurations. They’re also available with up to 4TB of storage, 128GB of RAM, UHD Dolby Vision HDR displays, and large 94WHr batteries.

Well, cooling is definitely better than MacBooks. It is modular thing that in full maxed configs will be much cheaper and more powerful.

• My wife will hate my soul (thanks god I don't have any!), but I need this full config : i9, rtx2080, 128go ram, 4To ssd in raid0, 4k oled 100% dci-p3. Unknown price already hurt.