Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Chinese invasion: TP-Link
  • 64 Replies sorted by
  • Vitaliy,

It's strange that you consider that people from countries that has been badly hurt by soviet empire (and who lived there, and have their families persecuted) are brainwashed. I think they know better the history of their countries, their families, than you reading "many books".

You're right when you advise to read books, there is one book written by a french demographer (Emmanuel Todd) in 1976 (The Final Fall: An Essay on the Decomposition of the Soviet Sphere), which predicted the fall of soviet empire looking at numbers that could not be falsified by propaganda : infant mortality rates, suicide rates, etc.

This man looks at demographic patterns in history, and has predicted many things that happened (the last one was the arab revolutions in a 2007 book (A Convergence of Civilizations: The Transformation of Muslim Societies Around the World).

Another one of his prediction which hasn't (already) happened is the fall of the American empire (After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order).
    you can see an English interview at min. 39 of this video :
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-560028443045614325#

The last one which concern me the most is the end of euro, which should happen quite soon.

You like facts and big picture, this man studied numbers and history his whole life, you should like his books.
  • >It's strange that you consider that people from countries that has been badly hurt by soviet empire (and who lived there, and have their families persecuted) are brainwashed. I think they know better the history of their countries, their families, than you reading "many books".

It is not strange. I have big expirience talking with this people in person, and it makes huge difference. They are brainwashed. Living in country do not give you any big advantage in understanding, not gives for access to closed information, all it gives you usually are some rumors, local TV and papers.
    I also suggest you to read any book you like about mechanics of our memory and how they can be affected by modern brainwashing techniques,

Reading many books allow you to understand how it really happened.
    And not having filters and artifical selection of such books makes life even more interesting.
  • Another article about TP-Link factory

http://www.ixbt.com/editorial/tp-link-factory-2012.shtml

Btw, personally can recommend their network equipment.

• I have used TP-Link networking gear for almost 2 years, it's great and cheap :)

• I've used TP-Link networking gear (mr3420) for nearly two years and they've been dog shit. Constantly locks up after heavy usage, web interface dies so can't reboot.

I flashed to ddwrt about two days ago to see if it makes a difference on this shitty piece of kit.

• @itimjim

Thanks for you "input" :-)

• The IDC Worldwide Quarterly WLAN Tracker – Q2 2014 Final Release – indicates that TP-LINK dominates its marketplace in market share (measured by units shipped):

• TP-LINK ranks number one globally at 49.25% market share
    • The closest competitor has a 9.29% market share
    • The top three competitors combined have a 20.66% market share

TP-LINK continues to lead each quarter in consumer worldwide WLAN shipments for the past three and a half years, according to published IDC Worldwide Quarterly WLAN Tracker reports. In 2014 alone, TP-LINK’s market share in Q1 2014 and Q2 2014 grew from 38.27% to 49.25%, respectively. This represents a substantial gain of 10.98%.

And this is how it progressed :-)

• Factory photos

sample796.jpg
    800 x 451 - 74K
    sample797.jpg
    800 x 449 - 59K
    sample798.jpg
    800 x 448 - 70K
  • I used TP-Link ADSL gear for a year and it was very unreliable. I will avoid in future as the support was non-existent.

• @caveport

Well, I used 3 ADSL modems, 3 routers and all worked wonderfully.

Have no idea that you mean under support here, as except warranty and firmware it does not matter.

• I contacted local support number & TP-link website support contact page and never had a satisfactory solution to my modem constantly dropping connection. I eventually replaced it with Netgear modem/router and never had an issue afterwards. I guess sometimes there's a bad item that gets passed in QC.

• @caveport

And 99% of the time it is just wrong settings or bad line :-) Best idea was just return it, as outside of new firmware and some brief manual you won't find anything on manufacturer sites.

• It was bad product. It was the second one. I had returned the first one and it was replaced by the retailer. All settings were identical on the modems but the TP-Link was never reliable. There's no point guessing what I experienced, and it serves no purpose. It is now ancient history, fossilised and never to be dug up!

• @caveport

Got it. You had some bad experience with specific modem.