Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Music Tribe DAW from Behringer
  • It’s now official. We will be creating our own Music Tribe DAW.

This is a massive undertaking, which will take at least 18 months and for that purpose we have now assembled a large development team.

Our Music Tribe DAW will also include samples and VST’s plus connections to third party VST’s. Our goal is to include the very best features available, including multiple user interfaces for both recording and DJ.

We would love to develop this together with you and hence encourage you to share your preferred platforms and features so we can consider your input.

Our opportunity is that we have no legacy platform to maintain, which will allow us to think “blue sky” and combine the “best of all worlds”.

Best of all, the DAW will be FREE of charge! Our goal is to empower all musicians to record, mix, edit and publish their music.

We have also recently launched our Music Tribe Market Place where you can buy and sell gear for free.

Check out http://www.freemusictribe.com

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Hope it's better than their hardware.

• @kurth

Lot of their hardware is quite good :-) Actually they are few of manufacturers who gain market share constantly.

• Yeah I've been looking at some of their clone synthesizers and I haven't seen anyone knocking their build quality.

This is great news.

• Their QC has improved a little in the last couple of years since they opened up a new factory. Their deepmind synths are well liked, but use fatar keybeds. Their keyboardless synths appear to be all monophonic, as well as their cheaper keyboards. Their audio interfaces should be avoided. I gave one away. Lots of free daws out there.

• @kurth

Their audio interfaces should be avoided.

It is more of generalization. It all depends on specific models.
    In DACs and overall it is no longer so big difference with top guys, if you are hobby amateur.

• I have a Behringer UMC204HD and it's been good. I've been using it for a year as the audio device for our live show. Leaps and bounds better than the Presonus Audiobox USB that it replaced.

• @Firworks...look at the new motu's. It's top of the heap.

• I have the Motu M2 as well. It's fine. Limited connectivity and the 32-bit float support is not available for Windows unfortunately. The little screen is nice for getting a rough idea on levels. Build quality is ok but not great. One of the knobs had fallen off in the box before it arrived to me.