Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Gear organization ways?
  • I'm looking for a way to organize all the gear I currently own, with info about it like number of units, purchased date, serial numbers, lending status and such. I've been using mygearvault android app but I don't like it very much and I don't like the way it handles information too: you have to create an account to use it and it focuses on the price of the items and insurance stuff. I would prefer a more traditional and private software. I don't care about synchronization between devices either

I thought to make a fillable PDF forms wich I could carry with me but first I would like to know the solutions that commonly you are using to that matter and to elaborate and export collections of gear for specific tasks, too.

Thanks

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Try to look for more general software (not gear oriented).

And look for one that has desktop versions, as it is much better to fill database on it.

• Thanks, @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Already started to search about that kind of stuff. :) So far it seems the foss options are a bit dated, though. The commercial ones are too specialized. Will post my findings.