Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
JP: Open and fair competition
  • Sony Corp. Toshiba Corp. and Hitachi Ltd. agreed to divest their liquid-crystal display businesses to a government-backed fund amid mounting competition from South Korean and Taiwanese producers.

    The companies will spin off and merge the units to create Japan Display K.K. next year, the three Tokyo-based electronics makers said today. The government-backed Innovation Network Corp. of Japan will own 70 percent of the venture after a 200 billion yen ($2.6 billion) investment, while Sony, Toshiba and Hitachi will split the remaining 30 percent, they said.

    Old news, but really fun.


  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • Current news:

    The Bank of Japan surprised markets Tuesday by announcing it would buy another 10-trillion yen in bonds, pushing the yen to its lowest rate against the dollar since December.

    Japan, UK and US economies are leading the pack of doomed.

  • Next one, Elpida :

    Japan’s largest maker of dynamic random access memory, the most common chip in computers, needs government backing to stay in business as South Korea’s Samsung Electronics Co. profitably diversified while chip prices collapsed, analysts said.