Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Capitalism: Check how capitalists are ripping you big time
    • 20% of Apple income goes to investors (note - this includes both dividends and buyback, as buyback now is form of payment to investors!)
    • Procter and Gamble >20 % income goes to investors and same for
      • Johnson and Johnson
      • Pfizer
      • Walt Disney
      • Coca Cola
      • Oracle
      • Cisco Systems
      • Merck and Company
      • Philip Morris International
      • Qualcomm
    • 25-32% of all Microsoft income (not profits!) goes to investor payments
    • McDonalds of 58% of ALL income went to investors in 2016 (so it was 58% of each item sold!), now around 34%.
      • yet McDonalds debt rose from 49% of income to 120% of income and it is common
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • Greed has no limits.

• Well, you should invest in stocks and get in on the greed. One-half of Americans do. So 1/2 are ripping off the other half I guess.

• @markr041

I laugh so loud :-)

“Despite the fact that almost half of all households owned stock shares either directly or indirectly through mutual funds, trusts, or various pension accounts, the richest 10% of households controlled 84% of the total value of these stocks in 2016" Edward N. Wolff writes.

• I don't think it is the households controlling the total value of the stock. It's the reverse.

• I don't think it is the households controlling the total value of the stock. It's the reverse.

You mean it is secret organization of intelligent stocks that loves rich people more so go to them?

Stock Buyback Announcements swelled to a record $436.6 Billion in the second quarter, smashing the previous record of $242.1 billion set just one quarter earlier, in Q1. Combined, this brings the first half total at a ridiculous $680 billion, or just $160 billion less than JPM's full year forecast. Annualized, this number amounts to $1.35 trillion, an absolutely staggering number.

Putting the Q2 number in context, TrimTabs writes that "the amount of money committed to buybacks last quarter could fund 6.8 million $1,000 bonus checks to workers every single trading day."

sa3906.jpg
    800 x 641 - 67K

sa4387.jpg
    534 x 349 - 38K
  • If you factor in the costs on the environment then they are not just ripping us off, they are royally screwing the whole of humanity.

sa8174.jpg
    695 x 519 - 53K
    sa8173.jpg
    780 x 491 - 76K
  • More on buybacks

sa9289.jpg
    800 x 950 - 220K
    sa9290.jpg
    778 x 899 - 217K