Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Wondlan Carbon Stabilizer and mini one
  • 67 Replies sorted by
  • @tinyrobot it's the regular one.

• @janis thank you for your video. You're right, looks promising. I've ordered one, posting something as soon as I get it

• @janis Looked pretty good for a first run.

Which Wondlan are you using? The regular or short size?

• @CrazyPete this was Lumix G Vario 7-14mm. There is no OIS on it.

• @janis I thought that looked pretty good when you were going in a straight line. At the end I could tell you were moving pretty fast and the camera wasn't bouncing much if at all. What lens were you using?

• This was my first ever test run with stabiliser of any kind. Nothing great but I see a LOT of potential after some practice.

• Can someone please post some footage? Nothing fancy, just simple stop and go routine? I have some experience with Glidecam HD2000 which is very good stabilizer, and if Wondlan can perform as good as HD2000, I'm getting one.

• I´ll be better from now on.. no more talking out of topic! and I´ll start to check my spelling :)

• @hedrox

You are talking about different stab, not one this topic is about.

And our deal price for it is slightly more than $330 :-)

• haha sorry jules... I meant "more expensive" not pricey.. as you said.. there is not that much difference.. but the mini was for my needs better, as I don´t use monopods and the load range 1-3kg is enought for me.. I guess I have to use that google translate more often to check my words :) and now I understand the Vitaliys words about the price.. he was talking about the price for the bigger version not the mini.. my bad, I am so happy with this stabilizer that I forgot to say one of the most important thing , which type of unit I have.. sorry VK now I understand about the "minus" thing

• @hedrox quick look on ebay it seems the 120cm version is only $50 more than the 71cm. Only 14% more expensive... (these figures include shipping to US)

• sorry, my fault , I forgot to say I bought a mini version.. the 120cm can be pricey and probably VK has searched for the 120cm version so that´s maybe why he saw a painment for the shipping.. the mini version is all the time with free shipping

• It looks from that ebay link that there are two versions of the Wondlan and this is the mini version with a maximum height of 71cm, maybe someone could verify if @VK's deal was for the longer 120cm version?

I am hoping VK's deal comes up again as this is on my list :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev don´t know if it canged but last when I checked it was still with free shipping ..

I know it is crime.. but I don´t care that much.. my country is so beautifull but is so f****d by our government that if you would live here you would enjoy every same "crime" you did .. I would never cheat a person for money , but a tax for my country which is ripping off 90% of our nation for almost 15 years? the taxes are here so high (20%) and is even getting higher due to lending money (which our country doesn´t have so we have to lend from other countries and boost the taxes and set some new taxes -this year 11 new taxes were accepted in our country ) people are going crazy here, I know there are countries that are worse on this than we are.. but I don´t care paying money for our government criminals .. It´s hard to tell if you don´t live here but Slovakia is too much little country to be watched by other (bigger and stronger) countries ..but again.. I´m out of topic :)

as for the price.. I would buy it even for 360USD if he would decline all my offers.. but I don´t think he would accept my offer if it would be not profitable for him.. there are more sellers accepting offers and I think that it will not just help our forum members to save some money (that´s why I wrote my message) .. but also the ebay seller will maybe sell more of those units .. it is allways better to sell something with (maybe little, but we don´t know that ) profit than sell nothing :)

• @hedrox

Last time I checked you must also plus shipping. Declaring wrong value is a crime, you can check this asking your customs officiers. As for price, one you indicated will make this guy selling for a minus, btw disclosing offer price is not very good idea. His normal price is quite good, btw.

• So after month of use I can say I´m really happy with this stabilizer, the built quality is superb, I have balanced my GH17 with panny14-140 after few minutes of playing.. If your budget allows you to buy it , don´t wait and grab it.. I´ve had also chance to play one day with flycam nano (with my gh17 and my friends 7D) and It was horrible.. pain to balance,heavy, and footage wasn´t that good like from wondlan.. I simply love it

one more tip.. I bought mine from ebay seller jasoncui2 he also accept offers and he has accepted mine (330USD) , he also wrote a price of 60USD on the box so I have paid low tax.. my total cost with the tax was 290€/345USD so I´m really glad .. you can try to make an offer too if you didn´t catched it in the forum deals..

• Is there anybody else who has this stabilizer? I would like to buy it but I´m still considering also a glidecam hd 1000..

• This thing is incredibly easy to balance!! I was fully balancing it well within one hour of getting it and playing with it. (never used a glidecam/steadycam before) For most lenses on a GH2, you will not need the weights at the bottom because the GH2 is not heavy enough. There's hand fatigue, but what do you expect? You're carrying 3-4 pounds on one hand in a non flexible position moving around slowly. Good tool though, I know I will be using mine, a lot!!

• This deal recently finished but I'd like to hear more reviews from people who picked up this stabilizer. I was close to purchasing this for the GH2, but still waiting to hear more comments on arm fatigue and such. Can anyone comment?

• Much appreciate the comment! Just FYI, from the time I ordered it from Gadget Infinity to my doorstep in California, it took around 4 business days. Pretty quick shipping.

• @SuuperSet, you actually did well. This's next on my list to get, saving money for it.

• If anyone is interested, I just used this system over the weekend for the first time and it worked great! I'm a hobbyist so have little experience with stabilization systems. Luckily, I have a buddy who does Steadicam for a living and he helped me balance the system. I don't have the technique down yet but it's a good start. This is not a professional shoot so forgive the amateurishness :)

• I received the unit and have started to setup and balance it. I ran into a problem so maybe you guys could help. My step-up ring is bumping into the top plate. I noticed in the video that the guys have some short of riser to mitigate the issue. Does anyone know what this is? NM - found the answer. Those are 8 inch CPM rods.

• I ended up ordering one from Gadget Infinity so will post some sample video when it arrives here in the US.
  • I wish someone would put a review up - preferably someone who has experience with other types stabilizers. Particularly interested how it does against a Glidcam HD1000/HD2000 Stabilizer System.