Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sony A6500 topic, 4K, 5-axist stabilizer, touch screen
  • 219 Replies sorted by
  • has it S35 in 30p or is it still crop?

• DPReview and cameralabs reported that it still using the crop in 30p mode. So it looks like sensor/readout stays the same meaning there should be no improvement in rolling shutter speed.

• Esp since a new 6300 can be had for less than 1k. F#ck you Sony.

Samsung NX500, can be got much cheaper :-) And make much smaller videos if you want it with same quality, or you can use almost twice the bitrate comparing to A6500.

It also has set of good small lenses, as well as too amazing F2-2,8 zooms.

• No Cinema 4k or real 24 fps. Sad, but expected.

• What you mean?

• 3840 x 2160 (24p, 100 M)
    • 3840 x 2160 (24p, 60 M)

All this "true 4K" can be slightly better for cropping, but useless for all else.

• Wow, he wasn't even wearing oven mitts in the video.

• In an interesting update, there's a new menu option which changes when the over-heating warning icon appears: there's Standard or High options, the latter simply allowing the camera to keep operating even when it's getting hot, although protection will still kick-in to prevent any damage. When shooting with the earlier A6300, I found the body could get quite hot to touch, and revealingly Sony's engineers recommended using the A6500 on a tripod when the temperature warning had been adjusted - not to do with stabilisation, but because the body may become uncomfortably hot.

Well, just get NX500+pair of good lenses+Z1 Crane and it will be all cool :-)

• it might become OT but do you know a remote solution for shooting and camera setting which allows the use of the NX500 on a drone?

• it might become OT but do you know a remote solution for shooting and camera setting which allows the use of the NX500 on a drone?

Well, Samsung has their Wi-Fi remote app, but they won't update it anymore as I understand. They fixed Android 6-6.1 issues, but most probably it is it.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I mean 24 fps instead of 23.976. Most of what we do ends up as a DCP. 24 fps means we don't have to speed up everything from 23.976.

If there is a 24fps native option, we can just edit, color, and encode in on a 24 fps timeline with no problems.

Yes, you can have DCPs in different frame rates these days, but if we have a solid 24fps we rarely have to worry about an old projector not playing it correctly.

• GBP price is expected to match EUR due to latest events

img2566.jpg
    500 x 354 - 25K
  • @Mckinise

I mean 24 fps instead of 23.976. Most of what we do ends up as a DCP. 24 fps means we don't have to speed up everything from 23.976.

Well, all you need to change is audio only. Frame rate can be just left unchanged.

It can be made as very fast batch process.

• IBIS is nice but I don't want to go back to manual focus for portraits. The a6300 + 50 1.8 OSS and eye focus is pretty awesome for portraits photography. I can't keep up with MF at all.

• @RKM What do you mean? Does the a6500 not have eye focus or something?

• I mean that with ibis I can get Image stabilisation on my nikon ais lenses. But since I use the sony 50mm I use the autofocus and eyefocus and it works better than manual focus and focus peeking. So I am fine for now with the a6300 and 50 and 35mm oss lenses. I am not in a hurry to replace the a6300 with an a6500

• Since today you can even preorder A6500

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1289585-REG/sony_alpha_a6500_mirrorless_digital.html

Or can just go and buy NX500+pair of lenses and Z1 Crane gimbal. :-)

• Do you see anywhere the supply date?

• Amazon USA states Dec 6 release date

• Firt Review. Sorry I dont know put pict enlarge:

'As a user of every Pro camera Canon has made since the original EOS1 back in 1992, and more recently as a Nikon shooter with the D4S, I have become accustomed to how these top of the line pro cameras feel and act in my hands shooting news, sports, and photojournalism assignments.They have always been the best, offering super-fast AF, quick motor drives, and low light auto focus that I have grown to count on.

The A6500 feels much like those high end cameras of today that cost $6,000 each.'

http://pmrphoto.blogspot.it/2016/10/first-review-of-new-sony-a6500-a6300-on.html

• Overheat test