Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cheap remote control for cameras
  • For several years now, Camranger has been the only choice if you want to tether your Nikon, Sony or Canon DSLR wirelessly to your phone or tablet. While the Camranger is a worthy device that allows you access to all your camera settings remotely as well as instant viewing of your images, even in live view, the $299 pricetag, to me, seemed excessive. By the time you add extras such as the USB cable, mount, etc, you’re approaching $400 not including your tablet.

We discovered a $40 alternative. All you need is a TP-Link MR3040 Battery Powered 3G Wireless Router and a $9 app called DSLR Dashboard (Android) or QDSLR Dashboard (IOS). If you go to DSLRDASHBOARD.INFO/, you can download new firmware for the router that will turn your $30 device into a $300 Camranger, with virtually the same functionality. When I got the TP-Link router, I was surprised that it is the exact same device used for the Camranger, just rebranded.

http://blog.alanlawrencephotography.com/control-your-dslr-for-less-than-40/