Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4 with GH3 same video settings as possible ?
  • Hello, need some help to set my GH3 to same settings as GH4 .. is there anybody using both ? GH3 as gimbal camera and GH4 as rigged. Now i am running on GH4 with Portrait +3,+1,0,-5,-2 this setup looks good to me and on GH3 with Natural -5,-5,-2,0 but GH3 is still too contrasty (looks more like cheap handy camera) any tips or tweaks will be great - shooting next weekend important project. Thank you

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • GH4 with Portrait +3,+1,0,-5,-2 this setup looks good to me and on GH3 with Natural -5,-5,-2,0 but GH3 is still too contrasty...

I think you are mistaken. Theres no way that the gh3 with neutral -5 looks more contrasty than gh4 portrait +3. Are you sure the curves adjustment is off on the gh4? Have you shot the same scenes and compared? The gh3/4 with contrast at -5 usually looks like dog crap because the midtones have no contrast.

• well i generally set GH4 according to supertone settings and when i try to set GH3 similiar any contrast + looks bad so i stick with -5 for now, but i am still not happy. Shadows 0 and highlights -5. Yes same scene with different lenses but exactly same f and aperture

• nobody is using multicam gh4 w/ gh3 ? need some advices, time is running out and my next tests still arent good