Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Do you think that the GH2 still rocks ?
  • Ok, that topic title was just a gross attempt to share some works made with that wonderful tool, my very first videocam : you name it, the mighty GH2 ^^ Honestly I put a hack a loooong time ago and I can't even remember what it is :p Thanks to the PV community I've learned some basics about everything, from workflow to lightning, I've read a lot, but not wrote much things. For now I must thank you all. The Hack was a good reason not to take the Canon (rebel) way, no regret here ;) I've compiled 3 years of various shooting made with our creative collective, I will be glad to know your personals views on this :

. I'd like to say that a GH4 is VERY tempting, however I chose to invest in glass, small rigs acessories etc. Not much money left so no excuse for GAS :D Force me to prep more my shots (GH2 is not very forgiving in post for heavy grading, even with the hack).

So... Cya, videographers !

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • The reel rocks as does the GH2. I still have 2 of them. Still running Sanity 5.1 (it works with my cards). They are harder to match to my GH4. Basically I have a CC preset to soften the contrast of the GH2 and to strengthen the contrast of the GH4 (which I always shoot in Cine-LikeD) and that's how I can get them to more-or-less match. The GH4 is my A cam and the GH2s are usually locked off shots B & C cams.

• I'm still using mine faithfully. I think it'll be viable as long as 1080p is.