Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What settings to use in post for Final cut pro X and After Effects???
  • When I'm done shooting I take the SD card put it in my macbook pro and open Final cut pro X. how should I import?? there are a few settings like apple pro244 and so on?

Then I edit my project. when I'm happy I want to send it to after effects to add some motion stabilizer and magic bullet looks cause FCPX can't handle looks yet. Now should I export it full size?? ok then I get it in AE C5.5 (this time the file was 1,8 Gb). I do my things but its extremely slow cause of the big file.

then I export it again and put it in FCPX again to add music and then I export it to vimeo (this time the file is 10,5 Gb?????).

I feel I'm not doing the right thing files are huge and the computer is suffering :).

would be nice if you (or someone) could describe a step by step how to do it!
  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • Set proper tags, and change topic so it'll reflect your specific question or area you are interested in.
    Now title is very general.
  • Im new at this to... Thanks, think its better now!