Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH 4 Remote Control
  • Anyone know if the wired Panasonic DMW-RSL1 or Vello RS-P1II Remotes will start/stop video recording function on the Panasonic GH4? I want to use it on a jib to trigger the video camera. Android app is not an option for me.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • It will. I use 1 vello transmitter and 2 receivers to simultaneously start and stop the camera and a Fostex recorder.

• Well, I ordered this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/270717840317 The seller says it does everything that the Panasonic DMWRS1 does so we will see if it will trigger video record/stop.

• FYI, the remote works fine triggering record/stop on the GH4. Just have to make sure it is pushed all the way into the GH4 port. Also, I got this to use with my jib and GH4. Footage looks super smooth with no jitters. Remote is zip-tied to top of jib. Cord could have been a little longer.

P1010378.jpg
    1000 x 604 - 429K