Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
CAME gimbals
  • 244 Replies sorted by
  • Came technician thinks it's a joystick short circuit caused by transport damage, but it's not really solved. If by chance someone here has an idea what I could do to try solve the problem myself, I would be glad to hear suggestions... If I can't do it myself, I think it's better to send it back one last time and get a refund.
    Also: the charger they include breaks very easily. I bought another one that works much better (30$): Nitecore D4. I would recommend it for anyone deciding to use the Came Mini for a long time.

• out of the box brand new came tv 8000 , balanced it worked fine , it was Little drifting and sometime it shake due to some camera moves , so i tried to fix it my self by plugging the usb and adjusting and tweaking in SimpleBGC , but somehow i lost all my setting and profile is all mixed , is there anything you can do to help me guys pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase , i have tried to adjust the PID but it seems like a brain surgery to me , is it there in profile that i can download and uploaded to the gimbal ? or any tutorial or anything ? thank you

• @ghouti here you have some instructions: http://cametv.blogspot.ca/ and in this facebook group you have the latest profiles: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BrushlessGimbalGroup/files/

• In the end I have sent back my Came mini, and Came TV convinced me to try their Came mini II. I just received it and I must say it's much better than the first model. It's not just that it's tool-less, it has a few other improvements. The hole close to the joystick (where the wires go) gives them more space, so they are less prone to damage. The gimbal is easier to balance and the performance is much more stable out of the box. I could get very nice shots walking, without trying too hard. The quick release plate is well designed, the plate holding the lens is better adjusted and it can take larger lenses (the previous one was too tight). There are only two problems. First, the screw of the quick release plate is too long for Sony A7s or Sony Nex 5T, but that's easy to change. The other problem didn't happen yet to me, but another user has reported that the wires on the roll motor can brake easily: http://www.cv42.fr/design-problem-came-mini. It seems that the motors don't have slip rings and just by making too many turns, the wires can brake. I don't know if it's the case on all the axis. I wrote to Came about this, waiting for answer.

• Hi, I a happy customer owning a came 7500. I take precaution on all the wires. At least my gimbal lacks slip rings on all axis. Therefore it is good to try to ensure that you avoid too many 360 turns on each axis (by doing counterturns afterwards). I already untwisted the wires 3 times, so they did not break. The motor wires on my gimbal are longer than the joystick wires... I had to fix broken joystick wiring 2 times because they are short and due to twisting, they get shorter and break on the weakest points. And just as a note: Slip rings are also not hazzle free once they age. I prefer wires actually.

• For a device that obviously risks twisting wires to the point of breaking, slip wires should be a standard component in their design. Customers should not have to deal with this issue at all.

• Is the Came Mini deal that's going now apply to the original Came Mini or the Came Mini II?

• @chopnshoot It is the original.

• that sucks.

• that sucks.

It does not suck as much as you think :-)

If you use it as work tool and learn to use it behaves well.

Main difference with 2 is faster balancing (as you actually shot using only few set of camera and lens you can make marks and do it almost instant) and better joystick wires hole :-) last thing is fixed with small piece of sticky tape anyway.

• I agree, getting very good results with our Came Mini and for that amount it is a bargain

• I don't get why Came is incentivizing reviews for a stabilizer they've already upgraded. Why not give a discount for talking about their new improvements.

• I don't get why Came is incentivizing reviews for a stabilizer they've already upgraded. Why not give a discount for talking about their new improvements.

If you think a little, you will see that it is PV deal. As for new improvements, I already listed them.

Balanced properly two Mini stabilizers are same.

• i have a 7800 came gimbal and noticed that a cable has come loose and have lost the ability to tilt up and down on the gimbal i was thinking is there anything i can do to reconnect the cable without having to send the gimbal back to came,

IMG_1546.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
  • @jaycass

I will ask them, tell you later. Check PM.

• Id love to know more about the Came Single. Hope to see reviews and a deal for it.

• This is video about stop clamp

• Came single final photos

You can preorder for $978 via PV, PM me.

sales30.jpg
    716 x 591 - 52K
    sales32.jpg
    727 x 863 - 43K
    sales31.jpg
    699 x 757 - 104K
  • The lack of inverted mode on the CAME single is a big problem for me. Does anyone know if they are going to implement it soon? (... please don't tell me to ask the manufacturer - I am waiting for the answer :) )

• The lack of inverted mode on the CAME single is a big problem for me. Does anyone know if they are going to implement it soon?

I can tell you about this :-) Directly from manufacturer :-)

Issue with inverted mode and Sigle gimbal is the use of encoders. Present controllers do not support inverted mode in such design. It is software thing, so firmware can change this.

For now only top gimbals use double sensors and encoders on motors.

• Thanks, Vitaliy! Would I be at least able to hold the handle horizontally, thus having the camera at my hand level? I know that I could use a sort of C-bracket with a handle on the top but that's quite cumbersome.