Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4 and composite video out
  • Does anybody know if composite video out signal (via DMW-AVC1 audio-video cable) on GH4 is active permanently or we have to switch it on somehow? I know that on GH1 (and possibly on GH2 as well) I had to press Basket button for about 10 seconds if I wanted video composite signal to be permanently on in all the modes (recording, playback).

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Still nobody? :-) I am a little surprised that there is nobody using composite video out (hexa/octocopter operators with GH4??).

I managed to switch on the composite video output by pressing basket (delete) button for several seconds (about 5s or slightly more) on GH4. However, composite video out signal switches off when recording starts. This is different from GH2 where the signal is present continuously. If there is any way to get composite signal even during recording, please, comment.

I know that there is a possibility to get composite signal by using HDMI to composite video converter, but it does not seem to be the most optimal solution.