Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic HC-X1000 4K Camcorder Shoots 50p/60p 4K
  • 67 Replies sorted by
  • I made a short film about two children in Peru. It was shot on the Panasonic X1000. I love the 5 axis stabilization when in HD mode. 4K film from Bolivia is coming soon. Want to have a look at the Peru footage, have a look here:

• Got to finally try out the camera at a store today. They allowed me to take it outside to get a clip.

It was originally shot in 2160p60 but unfortunately when you upload that file, YouTube will not make a 4K version unless you upload a 2160p24/30 file instead. When I did an experiment with a 2160p60p file in the past, YouTube would make a 720p60 file, 1080p60 file and 2160p30 file. As mentioned, they don't convert to 4K anymore. I'll for sure upload it Vimeo possibly later today. I'll put a link to the Vimeo version on the description area of the YouTube version

Other settings were a shutter of 60, Aperture set to automatic, white balance set to automatic and ND set to 1/4.

For sure if I had the camera even longer, I'd be able to get better samples. I could have locked the aperture but I sort of wanted to see how it would handle while on auto.

Anyway, it seams like the audio might have been set incorrectly. I didn't mess with any audio settings.

-Edit- Just thought of something important. Unlike my AC90 in which gain is engaged if you keep spinning the wheel after f/1.5, their is a separate gain selector on the X1000. It wouldn't surprise me if the gain might have been engaged. I'll probably go to that store again and check the setting on the camera.

• Hello - i'd like to see some footage in NIGHT MODE.... anyone of users X1000? - this mode is sometimes great for documentary.... for X1000 users, please make some IR Night Mode footage !! ;) thanks

• I teach screen acting in a drama school some of the time and we bought this camera, haven't had much of a play but initially it seems fine shooting outside but is very noisy indoors in lowish light.

• New firmware

1. Additional recording formats have been added.
    2. Recording menu functions have been added.

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/e_cam/download/x1000/x1000_euro.html

• For its $3,500 price point, the Panasonic HC-X1000 is something of a unique camcorder on the market. And like most (relatively) low-cost camcorders that mimic their higher-end cousins, it's all about compromise. It's single-chip, but it shoots 4K at 60p to SDXC memory cards. It is relatively compact and lightweight, but it has a full suite of audio and video controls. It doesn't have interchangeable lenses, but it does give you a sharp 20x Leica-branded f/1.8 zoom lens with excellent control rings.

Though there are similar cameras on the market right now, there simply isn't a comparable all-in-one solution that also lets you utilize relatively cheap, ubiquitous SD memory. You can gain different advantages that might appeal to your use cases, but you're either going to have to pay quite a bit more, or sacrifice features while paying less.

10/10

http://camcorders.reviewed.com/content/panasonic-hc-x1000-4k-camcorder-review

P.S. Looks like Panasonic sponsored the site and/or paid for good review on it.

• Yup. A bit biased. Interested to see if it really is that sharp, the low light examples I saw the Sony was hands down better.

• I saw this in a review of the HC-X1000 at another site. What does this mean?

"...despite the MP4 codec taking up to 200Mbps, the image has little to no room for manipulation in post production."

Also, I'm concerned with Ogodude's lighting issue on the previous page. Anyone heard similar problems?