Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4 YAGH
  • I have ordered the YAGH and would love to use it, BUT? Can I use it? When the 4-K recorder Shogun arrives yes... but so far? Since I don't have it yet I can't test it and we start shooting two different features on Thursday and 16/6 so our time is limited. Anyone knows how to record the signal right now?

Leif

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • @Leif_ivan

You need 4K recorder only for 4K recording. For audio and 1080p you do not need it at all.

• If you desperately need it and are in a studio, there are 4K solutions for computers by Blackmagic.

• I think the main way to get 4k out of the yagh right now ... top-most resolutions/et-al ... is to use the SDI outs on the brick. I haven't heard anyone with a real solid HDMI out at say 4k/20.97 yet. Could be out there, but haven't heard of it.

• I added a question about suitable cages for GH4 + YAGH in the Cages for GH4 - thread....