Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Magix Vegas Pro 18, 17, 16 and formar Sony Vegas 13 topic
  • Sony Creative Software, a leading global provider of professional editing and authoring solutions, today announced the latest upgrade to its Vegas™ editing technology.

Vegas Pro 13 brings new collaboration tools and streamlined workflows to professional content producers faced with a wide variety of multimedia production tasks.

“Vegas Pro 13 takes giant steps toward making the total multimedia creation experience faster and easier than ever. One example is the Vegas Pro Connect iPad app, which provides a remote collaborative review process for clients and team members,” said John Freeborg, vice president of Sony Creative Software. “We are excited to announce Vegas Pro 13 at NAB and provide live presentations and in-booth demos of the new key features. In addition to technological advancements that span the production process, from ingesting to editing to archiving, we’ve created a set of phenomenal values by bundling Vegas Pro 13 with other workflow-integrated professional applications, both from Sony Creative Software and key partners.”

Vegas Pro 13 Edit software (MSRP $399.95), Vegas Pro 13 software (MSRP $599.95), and Vegas Pro 13 Suite software (MSRP $799.95) will be available for digital download on April 17, 2014 with physical products available May 5, 2014. For more information, or to purchase, please visit:

http://blog.sony.com/press/sony-announces-latest-version-of-vegas-pro-software/

• 262 Replies sorted by
  • I'm surprised they haven't added in support for raw

• @GravitateMediaGroup

As far as I remember mentions, you can use Adobe DNG decoder.

• as in convert to .tiff to use with Vegas?

• Hope it finally has updated .r3d support. Doubt it though

• I tried Sony Vegas pro 13. Works quite good but the preview playback and rendering is slow with my AMD 6 core and GTX 960. Looks like not many here are using Sony Vegas.

• Oh, I am using it, but the rendering is extremely slow compared to almost every other NLE.

• Still using Vegas... I actually tried to switch to Davinci Resolve 12.1, but for unknown reason, it renders even slower on my computer.

I'm so familiar with Vegas, the UI is very fast and I know all the shortcuts, so I really wouldn't want to stop using it. But because I would need DR or AE anyway for advanced color grading, Vegas does not fit to this work process very well. Always some problems with project exports, e.g. I have to re-do cross-fades & slow motion stuff.

I heard rumors that 13 is the last version of Vegas. If true, I might be forced to switch to another NLE. I guess the real alternatives are Premiere or DR.

• I prefer Vegas. The user interface is really good and the color tools can deal with any kind of color space in high precision. I use either the built-in OpenColorIO support or the VisionColor LUT Plugin (which itself is based on OpenColorIO) to handle different color spaces. Rendering is not speedy and I don't necessarily get real-time playback, depending on what resolution I'm working in and the number of streams and which filters are applied. But I live with those limitations, because Vegas is still better than the alternatives. Resolve has the worst user interface of any software I've ever used. The worst. And Premiere is a buggy mess of ancient, clunky code.

• I´m a very happy Vegas user, too. Great UI (and easily configurable to your taste), light and excelent audio controls. I just use another software if some very specific VFX is needed.

• Vegas truly wins with audio controls/editing! That was my first NLE, and although I can handle Premiere and/or Resolve - Vegas is still my favourite.

• I'm a big fan of Vegas 13, I'm hoping they don't discontinue it. The interface is quick and simple to use and it plays well with the latest Filmconvert plugin. If PR were more intuitive to use, I would work with it instead just to have better integration with AE but that is still not the case.

• I too like Vegas 13. It is a great intuitive NLE. If you are having problems with playback consider using proxies and turning of the rendering of effects for realtime playback. I have an old Core 2 Quad that plays back 1080 stuff direct from my GH2 (a slow format) in real time with effects turned off. throw on some blurs and noise reduction and it slows to a crawl. There is single button selection for effects off and on for playback. For better performance render to DNxHD. Other NLE's will auto process to proxies to get speed. I have been told that a proper set up with Vegas will playback 4k realtime with modern hardware.

• VEGAS Pro is entering into a brand new era!

Since the acquisition of VEGAS Pro and other tools from Sony Creative Software, our entire development team in Madison, Wisconsin is working tirelessly to take video editing with VEGAS Pro to the next level.

This means that at the end of September 2016, you can look forward to the most advanced version of VEGAS Pro yet!

Here's a sneak peek of some of the highlights and new features in the upcoming version:

HEVC/H.265 support, 4K Smart Upscaling, Native ProRes support and much more!

Stay tuned for more updates and get ready for the all new VEGAS Pro 14.

Sincerely,

Klaus Schmidt CEO MAGIX Software GmbH

• Yeah, seems very promising!

• HEVC/H.265 support, 4K Smart Upscaling, Native ProRes support and much more!

Fantastic!

• Special offer

Available only until July 31, 2016

• Get 2 software versions for an unbeatable price
    • Now with $400 off!
    • VEGAS Pro 13
    • Following September 2016 release: VEGAS Pro 14 for free

Read more: http://www.magix.com/us/specials/vegas/exclusive-welcome-offer/

• Wow that is so tempting. I was planning switching to Premiere but but.. :D

• Premiere is one big pile of managers though now, all they care is money.

• $199 is a fair price....they should have done this 2 years ago .....and it wouldn't have had the most pirated editor status !

• @kurth

All management changed. Magix is know for good periodic discounts and good marketing team, contrary to Sony.