Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • Finally i switched over to your "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2" setting, and i must say i'm totaly in love with it !! I found out that "Candidate1.5c" is superior over "Candidate1.5d" and has the best looking HBR/FSH modes quality i have ever seen in FSH/SH. I tweaked 1.5c a little bit, so i have the highest stable bitrate 115M now in FSH/SH ! I can tell you, it's the nicest, reliable (using it also with panny lenses) setting you can have. So now i'm looking forward for "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 C1.5e" Thanks for your outstanding work !!

• @botha Many thanks for loving Valkyrie! :-)

i have the highest stable bitrate 115M now in FSH/SH !

Is it true? Would the contents of the setting be shown with PM although I cannot believe it? Thanks!

• @bkmcwd I just checked GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA2, GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA2 and Cinema Smooth TYPE-ZERO2_BETA. You have in the beginning of this post is a video where the screen running blue, red and green stripes. When recording at 60 fps (720p) video recording is cut off by about 30 seconds. Flash drive I have sandisk extreme pro 64 gb, original. I think that for 60 fps bitrate should not go abroad to 56 megabits per second.

• @Shon Thanks for testing my settings and report!

I think that for 60 fps bitrate should not go abroad to 56 megabits per second.

Yes, I know. However, in these settings, 60p can use slightly higher bitrate than previous settings under usual stressed condition. So, I have set the max bitrate higher than 56M. If this is not good, I will set down to 56M. Especially these two settings are very experimental.

BTW, how about in other modes? Thanks! :-)

• |BTW, how about in other modes?| Other modes I have not experienced. I only 60p, and he, as a specialty, the most difficult to video in the camera, with a high bit rate of the video to buffer it, then spits on the flash drive, the buffer may be delayed, and three seconds of video when the camera will throw it all at one time , flash drive bogged down and did not help her to 95 mb/s. : ( I apologize if you do not see what I wrote.

• @Shon

if you do not see what I wrote.

OK, I got it. :-)

I always worry about to what bit rate it should be set in 60p.

• @Shon I am not sure about the evaluation for the settings of other persons in 60p. However, there are many settings with freezing in 60p, I know. I am improving now for realizing "freeze-less perfectly" setting. For example, How do you think "officially latest GOLGOP3-13s on the top page of this thread" is stable or not in 60p? Thanks! :-)

• [officially latest GOLGOP3-13s on the top page of this thread" is stable or not in 60p?] @bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA2? it felt like the same, the movie flew for 49 seconds. Experienced video clip of the first page. This setting is stable, when the frame is not a lot of small parts such as the leaves on the trees. Soft lenses are also not allow the video, but if you shoot the usual sharp lens in difficult conditions stop the video, it is only a matter of time.

• @Shon

GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA2?

No. It is "GOLGOP3-13-A" or "GOLGOP3-13-MAX" that I specified from this link: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57882#Comment_57882

And, whose and which is the setting which you recognize to be most stable in 60p?

• 'No. It is "GOLGOP3-13-A" or "GOLGOP3-13-MAX" that I specified from this link' @bkmcwd Tried the "MAX" at 60p, all video lasted three minutes :) Now look video footage bitrate, it is about 46-48 megabits, which is slightly less than I expected. You should try to limit to 56 megabits. Also, please tell me how to post a quote here from other people's comments, I'm used to bb code, but here it's different.

• @Shon Thanks for feedbacks! :-)

it is about 46-48 megabits, which is slightly less than I expected. You should try to limit to 56 megabits.

I understand your feeling well. However, frame size must be made small, in order to set the MAX bitrate as 56M and to stabilize it. If priority is given to IQ, it will be difficult selection whether this method is adopted. It is about the solution of this very portion that I am inquiring now.

please tell me how to post a quote here from other people's comments

I am using ">."

Thanks!

• @spreeni @Shon Thanks always! :-)

I am going to release new GOLGOP3-13s soon. Would you test them before the release?

60p, 50p and 50i(HBR25p) changed from BETA2.

• @bkmcwd Yes, it would be nice :) What is new in this patch?

• @Shon Thanks mate! :-)

What is new in this patch?

I decided to give up using SH in 60p, and to use H. I will send PM later.

• @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

"GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA3" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA3"

I release the new "GOLGOP3-13-A2" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX2" settings.

All of these matrices are the same as V1s. The main changed parts are having realized Freeze-les and high-bitrate in HBR and 720p. In this time, the GOPtables for 720p are changed. And, HBR25p is stabilized more.

These are most stable until now and are high image quality GOLGOP3-13s, IMHO.

*Please try them! And many thanks for feedbacks from you!

*If these are also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @Shon, @spreeni and @syoushow! :-)

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 110M in 24p, about 75M in HBR.)

*'MAX' versin and 'A' version are completely the same except 24p.

*The original matrix is adopted in the newest GOLGOP3-13s. It is the middle of a Sedna matrix and a stock character. If it says plainly, it will be the Sedna matrix optimized in 3GOP structure.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-A.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-MAX.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*60i, 50i, HBR30p and HBR25p are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p is 6GOP and 720/60p is 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p in GOLGOP3-13-MAX, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele, iA mode work.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA3.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA3.zip
  • I would like to release Valkyrie 444 TZ2_C1.5e to the next of this. Please offer, if there are those who test before that. Please test, if ready. Although it is still likely to take time by it for the time being. :-)

• @bkmcwd I would like to test the latest Valkyrie 444 TZ2_V1.5e

• @bkmcwd I would like to test the latest Valkyrie 444 TZ2_V1.5e

• Many thanks for feedbacks, guys! :-)

Possibly in GOLGOP3-13-2_BETA3, the motion was valued too much. I will make the set which adjusted the balance of "static" and a "motion" slightly.

• @abraham1307 Many thanks for your proposal! :-)

Please wait for a while.

• @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

"GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA4" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA4"

I release the new "GOLGOP3-13-A2" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX2" settings.

All of these matrices are the same as V1s. The main changed parts are having realized Freeze-les and high-bitrate in HBR and 720p. These are the settings which stabilized BETA2 more.

In BETA3, the "motion" was prized too much, and possibly balance with "static" was not good. This balance has been improved in BETA4.

*Please try them! And many thanks for feedbacks from you!

*If these are also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @Shon, @spreeni and @syoushow! :-)

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 110M in 24p, about 75M in HBR.)

*'MAX' versin and 'A' version are completely the same except 24p.

*The original matrix is adopted in the newest GOLGOP3-13s. It is the middle of a Sedna matrix and a stock character. If it says plainly, it will be the Sedna matrix optimized in 3GOP structure.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-A.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-MAX.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*60i, 50i, HBR30p and HBR25p are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p is 6GOP and 720/60p is 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p in GOLGOP3-13-MAX, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele, iA mode work.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA4.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA4.zip
  • @bkmcwd Thank you for the new releases. I tested stability of GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA4 in 1080i50 (FSH) mode with my auto-function-stress-test (explained at http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/99000#Comment_99000).

Beta4 is working stable without freezings for 5 hours, so this one seems to be as stable as the old GOLGOP3-13-A1 from http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57882#Comment_57882.

I now have to do some picture quality testings. Perhaps you can help me: As I wrote before, I was using Flowmotion for a few projects. How would you describe the differences between Flowmotion and GOLGOP3-13-A2. Both of them use 3GOP. Is it right, that GOLGOP uses a sharper matrix (Sedna like) and Flowmotion "only" the standard matrix? LPowel mentioned, that the differences between Flowmotion's Q17 and GOLGOP's Q13 are not visible. Are there any user experiences that confirm this?

• @spreeni Many thanks for prolonged torture test! :-)

Do you think that which of A1 and A2_BETA4 is better?

Regarding picture difference, honestly, I am not sure about the image quality of FM. The subject about comparison with FM which I heard from users is only about reliability.

My "EX" matrix is "Sedna like" as you tell. In the matrix of FM, since there is variation considerably according to the kind of the mode or frame, I do not understand well.

Anyway, since I would like to make Freez-less setting rather than anything, I am satisfied with your results of the tests. Thanks!

• @bkmcwd I have been using Valkyrie Cinema Smooth TZ2 Beta and I must say it's been very stable. Also the image quality is looks amazing.

Edit: I was using HBR 30p

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters