Personal View site logo
ColorGHear TOOLKIT- color grading SYSTEM for AE
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • it's just a mask - see the masks and tracking part 2 tutorial

• @shian I'm playing with a filter for fall colors Shian. Just looking for suggestions in GHears. Not much to look at yet but I was looking at the reddish brown clump in the tree.

First 3 are are straight out of the camera, 14-140 standard -2.

First set of pictures, no filter, Tiffin Enhancing filter, Enhancing filter+ Polarizer

Second set are the same after CineGH 444 Lo Contrast

leaf orig 12-140.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    leaf orig 12-140 enhanc.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    leaf orig 12-140 enhanc cir polar.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    leaf 14-40 lens.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    leaf 14-40 enhansing.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    leaf 14-40 enhansing cir pol.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • Dear @shian

You ColorGHear seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. But I work on FCP X. Are you planning to sell a Final Cut compatible version ? And when ?

All my best, David

• Sorry guys, been out of it for a while, and will continue to be - really busy.

@peternap I'll take a look when I get a chance (checking in on my phone)

@david_d FCP X - not gonna happen. Not until Apple pulls their heads out of their asses on layering and mixing. But I will, at some point, do tutorials on how to do complex grading in FCP X, just not as complex or flexible as AE or Resolve.

• FCPX has a weird way to do the layering with Motion.

Immediately I switched back to AE :)

• I need help of how to remove the reflected rectangular spot in this video, on the upper wall with light green color near the wood area, frame shown below. It 's not look bad with this frame ( on the wall) but with speakers show on their face. Your inputs step by step would be appreciated.

Glare spot.jpg
    2446 x 1350 - 178K
  • Overlay a happy smile icon :)

• I'd say it's very hard task to do (especially if the spot is moving) and not worth even trying.

• @tinbeo - I know of how to go about such a task in DaVinci but not in CGT. In DaVinci, I'd track a power window to it and attempt to desaturate and switch the hue around to blend in more. No real way to remove it.

• @tinbeo artiswar made a good suggestion here. Want to add a suggestion.. If am no mistaken, this is probably a result from the uv protection glass you keep on your lens. Its hard to get rid of in post especially if you have used some sort of optical stabilization or made any movement that makes the spot drift a bit. So for next time :/.. take of any protection glass in a controlled environment like this. Could save you tons of work.

• You could paint it out in Photoshop and overlay this part on the video in After Effects. Depending on the shot, some tracking and / or rotoscoping might be required.

• @pechente i was gonna suggest something like this as well some multiple layer with photoshop

• @tinbeo was every shot on tripod in the same place?

• Thanks for all helps. I shot with gh2, Oly 45mm, no filter at all, on a tripod running it self. As you could see the spot shown on speaker hair at the same spot. If no way to fix it, I then have to put another layer with audience, picture in picture to cover it. But it gonna look weird.

Same spot.jpg
    1090 x 514 - 49K
  • There's certainly no easy way to fix this :/

• @ tinbeo, You might look at Moca to track the speaker's hair coming in and use PS to create the hair layer. I would also do the same with the wall. Yes time & labor intensive the first time but if you are getting payed for the shoot well worth it to getting the next job. Go to moca's website for some instrutions.I don't work for them but I use moca Pro for just these problems. hope that helps, good luck

• @fix " If am no mistaken, this is probably a result from the uv protection glass you keep on your lens. "

My bad, I didn't even remember when I had that uv in my gh2. I just found out it was there. Sorry, yes, a lesson to remember. Thanks.

• @tinbeo I have done this mistake several times my self.. You where pretty unlucky on your shot though, worst place to get flare like that. Hope you figured out a solution to solve it or at least make it less obvious. Tell us if you figure out a smart way to handle it, would be good information.

• Here's an idea for that rectangle. If the rectangle stays in the same spot throughout, you may be able to use it as the basis for a virtual color filter. That bit of flare is acting like a piece of filter on your lens... so maybe you can compensate for the color shifts.

Make a duplicate of the video, and mask it off so that it's only the rectangle. Overlay it onto the original. Adjust its opacity so that it's partially transparent. By adjusting its color balances, contrasts, and the like, you may be able to find a combination that cancels out that greenish tinge and restores that area to something like the original.

This may not work: it's just an idea off the top of my head. But, it may make it more acceptable.

• I thought I'd show you guys a video I just finished up for my intro video class. I used color ghear for the grade, and I'm still learning so let me know what could be improved (I'm sure there's alot!). The main things Is ee now are that some shots are a bit dark.

Thanks!

• No, I haven't lost my mind. For now that's all I can say.

namaste

• So in my absence (when not living on set) I've been toiling here in the CGT lab. There is now a working (sort of) prototype of CGT for Resolve. I need to tweak it quite a bit, though. I want to be sure that a grade in AE using current techniques can be accurately duplicated using the same GHears (as nodes) in Resolve.

The Premiere version is really frustrating me. It will likely be more of a "CGT Lite" version. There are GHears that can be constructed in AE that Premiere is just not giving me the tools to create. But I'm still working on it.

• Hi @shian,

It's been a long time (several months) since I've noticed the following on your "tutorials" page - "13) ColorGHear: Advanced Masks coming soon"...

I do realize that you're pretty busy. Anyway, could you give us some info regarding the actual release date of the tutorial №13?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions