Personal View site logo
GH2 hack 150mbits music video.. by far the best work i've done
  • Shot this a few months back and they finally released it. Wanted to see and push the GH2 hack (150mbits) to infinity and beyond. Had fun shooting this. Great team. I hope you guys enjoy it. GH2 is an amazing little beast. Please leave comments. Thanks :)

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • was going to say I didn't see the video. Now I do. :)

• @johnnymossville yeah i totally forgot to post the link lol. it should be there now.

• Great job!!! Superb quality, well shot, and that first mc is pretty fresh! I'm shocked how good the shadows look in this, I'm always afraid of muddy lows, but everything looks crisp and clean in this. Bravo!

• Very well done Madmax. Nice low light shooting.

• thanks @kupchenpo and @johnnymossville. I appreciate the comments. i was shock to see the black are truly black. I didn't even color correct anything. Love the camera. Only issue I have is the 2x crop factor on camera but I got use to it. Neff is the first artist. Pretty sure he'll be out in the music world heavy soon.

• Looks great. Great editing as well. What patch did you use? What lenses?

• Thanks @matt_gh2. I didn't use a branded patch. My friend Gary Hanna from www.psynema.com made a patch for me and sent it over. I used Nikon prime lenes and ZF Zeiss lenes. 16mm, 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm.

• @madmax: Yes, stellar quality. No muddiness at all. As mentioned, the blacks are black. Great lighting and lenses. I think any of Nick's high bit-rate patches would do the job. Thanks for sharing.

• I really really like how stable and steady it's shot... whether it was a tripod, steadycam, or whatever you used. That's a lost art with DSLR shooting. Excellent work!

• That looks great. You really did a good job on this.

• Awesome vid--great color grading and LL vid. On my system, there is a hard pan right in the audio at the one minute mark? Wish I could grade like that!

• Thank you @dbp. I hope it helps filmmakers everywhere understand that you can still achieve great cinematic stuff with dslr cameras without hurting your budget.

• Hey @DrDave. Thanks for the comments. It's strange because this is the first music video i've never had to color correct. I can't seem to understand why. But it looked great just as it is coming out the camera.

• I hope it helps filmmakers everywhere understand that you can still achieve great cinematic stuff with dslr cameras without hurting your budget.

I wish that filmmakers will get paid for things they are doing, being it cinematic or not yet.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev i'm behind you 1000% on that one!

• Great job, @madmax !! IS that my old nikkor 50? Keep in touch!

• Nikon back on top :)

• @rockroadpix Chris whats sup long time! I think i shot this before i brought the nikkor 50mm off of you! Good to see you here.. will definitely keep in touch.