Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • @7pc what city is that? is beautiful, i want to take a ride on that wheel. Nice footage.

• @artardi Tanks. Although it's awfully shaky. It's the Prater in Vienna. It's pretty much worth a trip.

• Highlights from the Rock and Worship Roadshow using Orion v4d Dark Matter V3

Tech Specs:

Driftwood Orion v4d Dark Matter V3 patch Average Data rate 109,063 Shutter speed 50 ISO - 160 White balance K 3200 Nostalgic -2 -2 0 -2 -2 SanDisk 64G Extreme HD Majority of shots using EX Tele Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/.095 lens All hand held shots and used SmoothCam to smooth out the bumpy video (explains some of the jello or heat wave look) with no grading.

• @frerichs That looks great. Excellent!

• @frerichs Did you stabilize the footage in any way. I think I notice the same wobbely distortion I have been seing for a while on the recordings using any hack.

EDIT: Forgot any good manners here. Props to Driftwood and Vitaly! And of course to all the other great contributors here.

• Yes, in post I used SmoothCam (FCP 7) to help smooth over the jittery video. The wobble, jello or heat wave looks are because of SmoothCam and I didn't see it in the original MTS files.

Other than crushing the blacks a bit, what you see is what I shot. Very impressed with the EX Tele (about 80% of the footage was shot in this mode) quality with V3 too.

The Orion patch is awesome and mega credit to Driftwood, Vitaliy, Powell and countless others for their masterful contributions that make the GF2 an amazing camera. You guys rock! Thank you.

• @Frerichs Wow Great work Love the Worshipers too, was that Mercy me at the end? at some point it look like a music video

• who is the best option for trascender class 10, Cluster or Pictoris??

• @frerichs Whoa, that was Tenth Avenue North? Must have been pretty awesome.

• Yes, Mercy Me, Tenth Avenue North, Sidewalk Profits, Hawk Nelson, LeCrae and Disciple.

Awesome show and only $10 for admission.

• *** Latest News *** Sedna Settings - Probable Release around Midnight tonight (UK GMT).

Sedna Matrix 'B' tight x lens 45-175 - 24p.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Sedna Matrix 'B' - 25p HBR - X lens 45-175.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Sedna Matrix 'B' - x lens 45-175 - 24p.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • @driftwood slap me thrice and hand me to me mama!

• Yes, great news!
    Looks really nice.

• @driftwood I apologize... I pee'd a little in this thread.

• Third still gave me the chills! Amazing how clean that wall looks, and the detail of her hair. Can't wait, Nick.

• Waooooohhhhh! Bravo Nick Driftwood! You are the Best.

• Interesting footage, nice focus.... did you work in post pro? Was Jesus on guitar?

• @driftwood Good Lord!!! If that's raw footage I'm speechless!!

Was there any post production on those latest Sedna pics? Does the Sedna settings require a SDXC Extreme Pro 95Mb/s card?

• Sedna: please tell us the film settings you are using with it (i.e. Nost -2,-2,-2,-2)

• @royfel I agree with you. For me it's very important that Nick suggest best profile setting for new release (cinema mode and values)

• @driftwood will there be a combined setting as well (for multi-lens use)? If not, which of the 3 settings will work best with all lenses (trick of trades)? I shoot documentary and can't change settings all the time.

• And across the world, I bet as I type there are batteries being charged, at the ready...

• Me too my Battery is charged ;-) I wait the sedna!

• Yep, battery charged, card formatted, ready....

• Hour or so left...

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions