Personal View site logo
Z-CAM E1 Camera 100 Mbps hack for 4K DCI (fw v0.31)
  • 382 Replies sorted by
  • @storyboardcreativity thanks for the time and effort

• can the hack do a 2.7K 4:3 mode like the GoPro 5?

• @LPowell

Sure, I'll try. But I can't guarantee a stable work. Wait some time and I'll make a patch.

• Great work, storyboardcreativity! Can you release a VBR patch for 3840x2160 in 30p (and preferably 25p and 24p as well)? I'd also be interested in an All-I patch for 1080p mode in the same framerates. I'll be happy to reciprocate as a Beta tester, if that would be helpful.

• @Greenidge

"does it mean the camera would be able to do 100mbps Intra Frame (All-I) video" - yes, it means. You can get 100 Mbps All-I.

• @Greenidge

Yes, I've done MJPEG and All-Intra patches too. But they now still record in 8bit 4:2:0.

If you need, I can increase bitrate and make All-Intra for any recording mode (now it's done only for 4K DCI 24 fps). My next task is to get 4:2:2 (but I'm not sure it's possible - it will take much time to reverse encode-related code).

• Just downloaded the patch, i see there is an MJPEG patch available too, does this record in 10bit 4:2:2, just curious as the information on the page is not conclusive. It also says that we can combine 2 or more patches to work together, and as there is an All-Intra patch, does it mean the camera would be able to do 100mbps Intra Frame (All-I) video.