Personal View site logo
PTool v3.63d topic
  • 348 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I would like to test 3.63d as well please. The ISO Limit patch sounds very interesting. I have done some extensive testing on the I.Dynamic mode and I think I finally have it fiugred out. I will try to post a video demonstration of how it works tonight.

Is i.dynamic still on your radar?
  • For me too Please.
  • Just to chime in the ISO patch in PTool v.3.63d at this point does not look like it has any effect on the ISO bug:
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1280

(Just incase anyone thought that the alteration to the ISO range changed anything else re: ISO)
    ISO320_GOOD.png
    1394 x 784 - 2M
    ISO320_BUG.png
    1394 x 784 - 2M
  • @alcomposer

I wouldn't call the second bad. I would just say it doesn't have noise reduction. I don't believe that turning noise reduction down to -2 actually turns off noise reduction in all cases even for RAW files.

Your pictures make it look like a difference in noise reduction between the two. I wonder if the new firmware update corrects this issue. Doesn't the new firmware offer improved noise reduction?
  • Ok- I misunderstood what you said- yes I agree! Can't wait for the new firmware!
  • @lacomposer
    new firmware!!!! ---- From where did you get it?
    It's not December yet:-)
  • Sorry @Tomaso - I made a typo- new PTool 3.63 :-O
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I'd like to test PTool v3.63d if you're willing. Thanks
  • It is released to public.
  • Is 24p now possible in MJPEG mode on gh2 with the variable fps MJPEG patch?
  • 720p @ 60 FPS MJPEG works and it is definitely 60 FPS. Trying 120 FPS now!

Looks like Ptool won’t allow more than 60 FPS. Reluctantly trying 24 FPS now.
  • What! 720p/60 that's great. 120p would be a mind bending!
  • @ehr
    ... Try it... It is not possible to type a number above 60

@mpgxsvcd
    can you try to resize the frame at 1080 and try the 60fps? (my gh2 is in assistance)
  • About MJPEG. At 24fps it'll skip frames.

@mpgxsvcd
    You can redownload PTool. I raised allowed maximum. :-)
  • Well, that could be exciting - wish I had my GH2 here at work to try 120fps, or higher? :)

mpgxsvcd - look forward to hearing your findings!
  • And now. Mrs. Driftwood, Chris Brandin an the others gurus, is your time!!!!
  • @chrimsbroome - "I think Vitaliy restricted access to the new version because people who didn't contribute to the payment are not on the list..."

Bullshit.
  • 72 FPS works. It indicates it is 72 FPS and it looks like 72 FPS. Not sure if 72 FPS is a good thing or not though? It looks weird and 1/160 of a second shutter speed looks bad with the lights I have near me. Trying 120 FPS now.
  • This is just too much fun.
  • cool - 72fps would be great. 3x slow motion @ 24fps

High FPS needs lots of light, you might consider shooting outdoors.
  • btw - if 120fps works, the GH2 will have better slo-mo than the Scarlet! 120fps @ 1K.

MPEG is 1920 x 1080, ya?
  • >MPEG is 1920 x 1080, ya?
    nop, 720p by default. It's still unclear if modifying MJPEG resolution with the hack is just upscaling or really raise resolution
  • I haven’t been able to do any scientific testing. However, I must say that the higher FPS with MJPEG looks promising. It definitely changes the frame rate.

The issue might be that it is upping the frame rate of the video to 120 FPS. However, it could also be shooting 60 FPS and speeding the footage up to coincide with the 120 FPS file.

I am going to do some low light, I.Contrast, with greater than ISO 3200, 1080p MJPEG @ 120 FPS shooting tonight. That should cover most of the new changes and a few future hopefuls.

Thanks VK and team. This is the update I have been waiting for since I do a lot of slow motion.
  • Please allow me to test 3.63.
    Izhar
  • 720p would still be very nice @ 120fps. Fingers crossed.

I had a Casio FC-100 that did 210fps at 480x360. Really fun to look at, but not very useful for projects. If this can do 120fps @ 720p, that will be great for Twixtor or however you slow down your footage.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions