Personal View site logo
On a plate
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Very good comic :-)

But things can also go the other way, as those "Richard" are just stupid/ignorant and will miss out on so many things in life. And I know some "Paulas" that were growing because they were challenged by many problems and are now having such a rich fulfilled life.

Money or "success" (as society sees it) is not making you happy (as long as you have enough for your most basic needs, e.g. not starving).

But what really fucks up the situation, are the many (stupid) people that glorify those Richards (often out of pure envy) and so pushing everything in favour of those Richards.

• Brilliant! Hard to imagine any other media form making this point so succinctly and so well.

• Those "Richard" are just stupid/ignorant and will miss out on so many things in life. And I know some "Paulas" that were growing because they were challenged by many problems and are now having such a rich fulfilled life.

I laugh so loud here :-)

Money or "success" (as society sees it) is not making you happy (as long as you have enough for your most basic needs, e.g. not starving).

Of course. And in next life or in heaven everyone will be rewarded. Sounds similar? Because it is same old trick.

Many (stupid) people that glorify those Richards (often out of pure envy) and so pushing everything in favour of those Richards.

Many people glorify them because Richard and them live in capitalism, and the Richard is very successful man. So, if you have any intention to change this you need to do something with capitalism, instead of calling people stupid or praying.

• @Psyco:

"Money or "success" (as society sees it) is not making you happy (as long as you have enough for your most basic needs, e.g. not starving)."

I can guarantee you that working>eating>sleeping>repeat is not going to make you happy at all. And unfortunately, to escape that condition, you need "more" than just "enough" money to get the extra free time.

But things can also go the other way, as those "Richard" are just stupid/ignorant and will miss out on so many things in life. And I know some "Paulas" that were growing because they were challenged by many problems and are now having such a rich fulfilled life.

We all know this story lol. The thing in capitalism is Paula is "growing" as you say to serve Richard so he won't need to. You can glorify her skill, she's still the slave of Richard at the end. I am also pretty sure Richard has a fulfilling life. You know, like going on trips, vacations, discovering the world, having time for his hobbies, things Paula can't or can barely do basically, things that make your happiness, so yeah money ain't happiness, but if you don't have some for what makes you happy, you gonna starve of happiness.