Personal View site logo
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • I wish there was a cheap version of speedbooster ultra, or bmpcc amount of focal reducing.

• @cls105

If it will be more requests I am sure RJ will make cheap version :-)

• I would buy one :)

• OK, keep finding another people who will sign.

• "I wish there was a cheap version of speedbooster ultra, or bmpcc amount of focal reducing."

Would also be interested by this.

BTW, are the actual RJ adapters considered as "active adapter" ? I couldn't find the information anywhere (unless I missed it). Thanks to confirm.

• BTW, are the actual RJ adapters considered as "active adapter" ? I couldn't find the information anywhere (unless I missed it).

I have no idea that you understand under "active". All adapters do not have any electronics inside.

• Another good idea for RJ products would be making adapters that also handles filters (ND & color) exactly like those "Drop-in" adapters & filters:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/owl-world-1-st-drop-in-filter-adapter#/story

Do you think it's possible to do ? An adapter that handle both functions would be terrific for both photographers and videographers, without resorting to "over the lens" standard filters that can detach and fall by accident and get dammaged.

• "I have no idea that you understand under "active". All adapters do not have any electronics inside."

Ok, I see. I didn't know it ment "electronic handling" adapters.

Anybody knows if the Tokina 11-16mm lens (for both Nikon & Canon) aperture is constant/fixed (I know there's no aperture ring/dial on it) ?

• Do you think it's possible to do ? An adapter that handle both functions would be terrific for both photographers and videographers, without resorting to "over the lens" standard filters that can detach and fall by accident and get damaged

If you think a little you will understand that it is usually impossible to do with any of such adapters.

• I would definitely be interested in a Nikon to BMPCC or Canon to BMPCC speedbooster.

• Ultra/BMPCC reduction I would buy.

• does anyone have test shoots with minolta version?does aperture metal thing needs to be cut for all lenses?

• I have a Minolta 50/1.4, 50/1.7 and a 35-70/3.5 with which I have to do this now. Only an Auto Universar 28/2.8 works without modification.

• Last monday I got RJ booster (Canon FD). Looks good and solid. When I mount it to the GH2 body the booster does not fit tight enough to it. Trying to do rack focus, booster swing and move a bit in body mount. On the footage it apeares as a move of frame left to the right or somethig like that. I compared RJ body mount side to my old ciecio7 adapter and m43 lenses and it looks like RJ body mount side has thinner "collar" - flange. Is there any regulation? I'm affraid there is not.

• I just got rj lens turbo minolta to m43 and i must say i am pleased with optical quality,sharp as original lens(eyeballing),no color cast,wider and faster,i am using it with minolta rokkor x 28 2.5 si,minolta 35 2.8 and minolta 50 1.4 pg and didnt modify them to fit .another happy customer :D

• Is it possible to get one for Konica AR lenses? I would sooo buy one if that was available.

• +1 who would buy a few of the bmpcc specific adapters, been waiting a cheaper version of one of those for ages

• And what about Roxsen Speed booster? Worse or better than RJ?

• Roxsen is cheaper... xD

• Roxsen is cheaper... xD

Some adapters are cheaper, but optical block used to them differs usually, as it is almost 90% cost of adapter.

• @Maciek I just bought an RJ one and same problem, the flange is too thin.

• @Maciek & @belfryman - same Issue here with RJ Booster for EOS. There is no adjustment for this. I will try some tape. This was not an issue with the RJ FD Booster which I bought around January 2014...

• @docz regarding Konica, I am modding a RJ Booster these days. But it looks like that all Lenses sub 40mm need modification to not hit the glass on the adapter. And all Lenses need to have the aperture pin shortened and the black back removed anyhow. some sample pictures: http://diehroptic.ch/koken/index.php?/albums/rj-konica-mod/

• @hellrazor
    I bought an RJ focal reducer for my Canon EOSM, and the rear mount was loose:

RJ was diligent about fixing the situation -- they quickly sent shorter screws.