Personal View site logo
NAB 2014
  • 106 Replies sorted by
  • Man that Big Balance video was hard to watch.

• I'm here and actually bored out of my mind.

• I'm here and actually bored out of my mind.

You mean that you do not see any topless girls at all?

• Btw, if you are at NAB, you can leave here meeting coordinates and time so you can meet other good people :-)

• Panasonic 4K Varicam will be priced under $60K (yikes), will support ProRes HQ and 4444 in addition to previously announced codecs. I wonder if we could see ProRes make it's way into a future GH cam eventually. http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2014/04/07/panasonic-announces-prores-codec-support-varicam-35-4k-and-varicam-hs-camerarecorders

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev They do have some bangin' models at the Red booth.

@all anyone going to the after party at Lavo?

• I'm in Las Vegas as well. I'm glad the plane landed a little earlier than expected which allowed me to organize some of my things in the hotel room, do some browsing online and rest a little bit before I head to the Supermeet. I'll be their when the doors open at 4:30pm. It's a little hard to believe I actually went to Las Vegas to attend NAB. I'm also going to be doing some site seeing although definitely not tonight since I'll be tired coming back from the Supermeet and I'll want to be at the Convention center first thing in the morning. I do plan to take some videos and I'll post it.

• @PauloTeixeira aren't you from Boston? Long way from home I guess.

• It's been an awesome show for me. Finally had some time with Gh4 and their new 4k 'go-pro'. I haven't done much video in the last year and have been working on more 2D/3D. The show seems to be getting bigger with more on the audio and 3D side. I love all the new green screen type kits and more gyro copters available!

• Give a shout out to my homies at the Dataton booth!

• Gonna be spending some time around the tradeshow tomorrow (Wednesday) from probably about noon on. Of course heading by the Panny booth but will spend some time at Adobe & a few other places also ... if you recognize me from my pic say hi. I've a bit of chin hair & mustache, but otherwise just as "advertised" ...

• Yes, all the way from Boston. I took 2 flights. I could have took one flight but it would have been a lot more money. I got have to finally visit NAB for the first time and to tour around Las Vegas. Not to go bankrupt. Which is also why I'm not in a top rated hotel. The good news is that my room isn't bad. The only major issue with it is not having a good view at all out the window. Ah well.

I just came back from the Supermeet and actually won one of the raffle prizes which is a Taurus Jr camera crane valued at $400. On top of that, they decided to throw in a $200 credit toward Pond5 stock footage and Delirium + Damage bundle from Digieffects. Oh, their was also a Color Correction book written by Alexis Van Hurkman. Not bad at all. Surprising how I just got to Las Vegas and I'm already hitting the jackpot. I left the house to the airport at around 5:30 in the morning and only had a couple hours of sleep since I was working at my job until Midnight. Fast forward to me winning the prize, I was so tired that I embarrassed myself on stage by forgetting I'm supposed to get my picture taken for winning the prize and for a few seconds, I forgot what seat I was in when I got back to sit down. That's what happens when you don't have enough rest.

So anyway, tomorrow I'll try to get some interviews and ask some good questions.

• horrible skin tones on the Canon video. Not very animating.

• @peaceonearth

You mean the video of the guys talking about a lens, most likely filmed on a cheap DSLR or ENG camera? Yeah, what else were you expecting or were you just being silly?

• Panasonic booth