Personal View site logo
New music video project! BMCC 2.5K and GH3
  • Been working on this for a few months... recording/producing the song and video. This is the first real project I've done with the Blackmagic Cinema Cam. It's amazing to work with! Same with the GH3... it really holds it's own for the 60fps shots. All regular-speed shots were on the Blackmagic in 2.5k RAW.

The project itself is a satirical take on modern pop/club songs. Enjoy!

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • Great video great job man... Yeah he GH3 intercuts real nice with the blackmagic Camera in 60p mode. I'm currently looking @ the BMPCC as an option.

• Looks great

• Again, BTW, the song is a joke... and the band are all "characters". This is supposed to be a jab at modern pop-music. Sorry to have to explain it so bluntly, but some people were offended at the alcohol abuse and drinking and driving references and such, so I've got to make a bit of a disclaimer...

We, as the creators, don't condone this behavior... and we think think songs like these are as stupid and ridiculous as you do. Thanks!

• @bwhitz Great work man! What setting do you use for the GH3 stuff? Was it easy to grade to the BMCC?

• @bwhitz I also want to know about using the GH3 with the BMCC. Were there any limitations when grading the GH3 - did you have to grade more from the BMCC to match the GH3?

• What setting do you use for the GH3 stuff?

GH3 was basically just zero-ed out with sharpness at -3. Used the Standard profile. Most slow-motion shots were done with the Samyang 16mm f2.0. Great lens!

I also want to know about using the GH3 with the BMCC. Were there any limitations when grading the GH3 - did you have to grade more from the BMCC to match the GH3?

It wasn't that difficult actually. I mean, I could definitely tell the BMCC had an extra stop in the shadows and highlights... but the overall "look" wasn't hard to match. Especially for this video which is saturated/punchy-contrast. Overall, in my unscientific opinion, I'd put the GH3 at 11 stops of DR to the BMCC's 13. A few of the slow-motion shots in the desert actually required me to raise the GH3's exposure with a quite aggressive curves adjustment to match the BMCC and it help up exceptionally well. I really don't hesitate to use the GH3 as a slow-motion or B-camera to the Blackmagic. The colors especially, match VERY well... color don't need much matching in post. Both look more like the Alexa than the Canon "everything is red/megenta" look... or Red's "everything is red/green".

• Beautiful work @bwhitz - must have been a LOT of fun working with those guys. Brilliant!

• Yeah! A classy way to shoot stupidity ;-) Nice work.

• @astraban

Yeah! A classy way to shoot stupidity ;-)

haha, yes. It's all joke. I wrote the song/music also...

• found this thread searching for "match BMCC to GH3"

nice concept and execution for the vid

• I try to guess.. roughly BMCC on the singer alone and the rest with GH3?