Personal View site logo
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • Since HBR of natural3 is also still slightly unstable, I am adjusting now.

• WOW. Thank you so much! I will be making a donation! Filming in AVCDHD 1080i = 24p Cinema with a Sandisk Extreme 32Gb class 10 card. This is a great setting for different skin tones + indoor shooting (w/ proper lighting) w/ the latest Valkyrie 444. tommorow I'll be testing some fast motion and daylight stuff. I'm using a sigma 19mm f/2.8 as my main lens. i bought the GH2 especially for hacking. one of the best investments I've made in years.

Greetings from Amsterdam.

(:

• @dlzn

Many thanks for your feedback! :-)

I am glad if comment is told again.

BTW, which are you using among TZ3 and TZ4 of Valkyrie 444?

• Regrettably, I do not have time to test in several of these days. Although the NTSC side of new "natural" is done, the PAL side is not yet verified. Please wait for a while until this is completed. :-)

• natural_3_BETA2

bkmcwd "natural_3_BETA2" - setf.ini - Released 30/09/2013

I release the new "natural_3" setting with stock matrix.

This setting aims at spaning in all the rec modes.

And, this is the optimal setting for enjoying 3GOP with small file size.

*Please try this! And many thanks for feedbacks from you!

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @Azo. :-)

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

• Upto 110M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M(110x1.25=137.5M) for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24H mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 65M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 60M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 60M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24H and 24L both

• Fully working iA and iDynamic range modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3, 6, or 9 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in all the modes

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested

• Spanning is available in all rec mode

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd natural_3_BETA2.zip
    1010B
    natural3_BETA2_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.png
    1293 x 1893 - 2M
    natural3_BETA2_ISO160_trees_sp_qp.png
    1296 x 1897 - 2M
  • Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 2.4

bkmcwd "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 2.4" - setb.ini - Released 18/10/2013

*Only 720p modes were changed from 2.3. :-)

This TYPE-ZERO3 is the version in which spanning is possible in all the rec modes.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Also on towi's Death Movie, span is possible for all the rec modes.

Cautions are required to use iDRC or iA only in 60p.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

Special thanks to @Azo, @towi and all silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in all the modes

• Upto 110M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M(110x1.25=137.5M) for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24H mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 65M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 60M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 60M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24H and 24L both with

• Fully working iA and iDynamic range modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080i/HBR modes

• Beautiful 6 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 720p modes

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is available in all rec modes,

*Supposing you use "SH" mode safely in 60p, please turn OFF iA and i dynamic range control. On the other hand, in other rec modes, it is satisfactory with iA or i dynamic range control at all.

*Although I have received the report that it was able to be used also with the slower card, I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 2.4.zip
  • Am testing this quickly right now in lowlight. Filming in AVCDHD 1080i. Hack: Valkyrie 444. Settings aperture 2.8, shutter speed 80, iso 400, AWB. Film mode: HBR with Sandisk Extreme 32Gb class 10 card. First thing: with these excact same settings I'm noticing some rolling shutter in 24p cinema mode, which does not appear in the other film modes. More testing will follow.

Cheers from Amsterdam (Holland).

• @dlzn Many thanks for testing Valkyrie! :-)

I am glad if I can hear the feedback from you again.

• GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA11

bkmcwd "GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA11" - seti.ini - Released 23/10/2013

This A2 is the version in which spanning is possible in all the rec modes.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Also on towi's Death Movie, span is possible for all the rec modes.

Cautions are required to use iDRC or iA only in 60p.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

Special thanks to all silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• The original matrix is adopted in the newest GOLGOP3-13. It is the middle of a Sedna matrix and a stock character. If I say plainly, it will be the Sedna matrix optimized in 3GOP structure.

• Upto 110M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q13

• Upto 140M(110x1.25=137.5M) for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q13 in 24H mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 60M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 55M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 55M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24H and 24L both with

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080i/HBR modes

• Beautiful 6 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 720p modes

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• In camera playback is available in all rec modes,

*Supposing you use "SH" mode safely in 60p, please turn OFF iA and i dynamic range control. On the other hand, in other rec modes, it is satisfactory with iA or i dynamic range control at all.

*Although I have received the report that it was able to be used also with the slower card, I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA11.zip
    GOLGOP3-13_A2_BETA11_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.png
    1296 x 1897 - 2M
    GOLGOP3-13_A2_BETA11_ISO160_trees_sp_qp.png
    1294 x 1898 - 2M
    GOLGOP3-13_A2_BETA11_ISO1600_night_sp_qp.png
    1297 x 1901 - 2M
  • Late now, but I've uploaded a new version of towi's Death Movie.

This is more intense than an old version. This is put up also for the top page of this thread.

In my recent spanning settings, sufficient span test is done on this movie. :-)

Special thanks to @towi.

BTW, in the latest GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA11, all the rec Mode has been changed. Even if you use only 24p, please be sure to use the latest version.

• bkmcwd. konichiwa watashiwa the universal desu. you have posted so much it is very hard to go through all betas... i need to film in low lighting using 58mm f1.2 canon fl. what hack/patch would you recommend that spans ok i see you say to use 95mb sdxc class 10, i have the sandisk extreme pro 32gb 45mb sdhc class 10 will this record on most of your hacks. im prepared to buy the 95mb sdxc if need be. many thanks

• @theuniversal

Thanks for your question!

First, IMHO, not only in my settings but in all the hack settings, I think SanDisk 95MB/s SDXC is the absolutely necessary. It will be natural if you desire more stable recording.

In which rec mode are you going to shoot? 24p? HBR? 720p? In all the newest settings of mine, 24p is spaned satisfactorily. However, if span is required also in HBR or 720p, you should use the newest "natural3 BETA2", "Valkyrie 444 TZ3_2.4", or "GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA11".

i need to film in low lighting using 58mm f1.2 canon fl.

I think if I also use 720p and HBR, I would use GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA11 or Valkyrie 444 TZ3_2.4. If I only use 24p, I would use GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA10 or Valkyrie 444 TZ4 BETA4.5.

I am very happy if you Let me know the results you have used. :-)

• i plan to use 24p full hd and 25p full hd, plase can you recommend a: best hack for low lighting to get BLade runner Look. b: daylight filming for best all round. i am not familiar with the hacks you mentioned, is there a link i can go to download? i plan to film city centre at christmas with all the different lights ect and try for some bokeh shots at night. i will film in standard mode (flat) -2-2-2-2 as recommended by other previous post. there will be a point where i will film a music band for live perfomances maybe for an hour and half. hope this helps. ive put on flowmaotion v2.02 but havent yet tried properly. have discovered limitations in high iso when playing back on sdhc 32gb class 10 sandisk as it increases higher bit rate.but have yet to test it properly it was filmed test in my room with only 60w bulb lighting 1/50 24p full hd. on 58mmf1.2 canon fL.

• @theuniversal I am sorry for my reply delayed.

Honestly, since I live in NTSC land, the test in the PAL side may be insufficient. However, since the PAL side is generally more stable rather than the NTSC side, I think that it is satisfactory.

a: best hack for low lighting to get BLade runner Look. b: daylight filming for best all round.

If I choose, GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA11 will be chosen for "a". And natural3_BETA2 will be chosen for "b".

i am not familiar with the hacks you mentioned, is there a link i can go to download?

Please download each from link places.

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/146506#Comment_146506

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/143527#Comment_143527

BTW, these pieces of link place information is published at the top page of this thread.

I am still improving these. Please continue to use the newest setting.

Many thanks for feedback from you. :-)

• @bkmcwd... amazing constant good work, mate. I don't think you rest at all. lol Thing is, I have been using Moon/Drewnet for past couple of months, and would like to try one of your patches for my next short. Dunno why but I keep back to your work. It is a horror short and I'll be shooting mainly with CFL, to get that diseased/dirty look on camera. I came here looking to try a new patch, and found so many. Now I;m confused. Can you help me out? I'm looking for almost 16mm-ish grungy look, in gop settings. (No space for intra files at the moment) I dig Intravenus II look but it takes much space. Many one or two shot will be in 60p. Any suggestions?

• @Aashay

I'm having a leisurely. Many thanks for your kind words and question, mate. :-)

Supposing you shoot in 24p, it will be OK even if you use which my newest settings. When you shoot also in 60p, I recommend all my newest settings to you.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/100440#Comment_100440

When shooting in HBR or FSH, supposing you do not think spanning as important, I will recommend Valkyrie 444 TZ4 BETA4.5 to you. When shooting in HBR or FSH, supposing you think spanning as important, I will recommend natural3 BETA2, GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA11 and Valkyrie 444 TZ3 2.4 to you. However, perfect spanning in HBR and FSH has not been realized yet. I am being devoted to this now.

Many thanks for results from you. :-)

• Best 'allround' patch which works for me, shooting in all modes incl. low-light situations + regular broad daylight (in/outdoor) is: Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 2.4 I use it mostly with my Sigma 19mm, which is a pretty 'good' lens to start with, if you are a newbie like myself. I'm happy with this patch, cause it encouraged me, to dig deeper into filming techniques. I'm pretty sure my next investment - aside from donating to PV - will be a (vintage) 'low light lens'. Thanks a lot!

First movie I ever shot + edit (I am actually a musician AND yes I'm aware of rolling shutter... BUT improved this in my other films)

Cheers.

• @dlzn I am sorry for my reply delayed. And many thanks for your using Valkyrie, mate! :-)

I am just further going to improve it now.

• @ GOLGOP3-13 LOVERS :-)

In HBR30p/60i of GOLGOP3-13-A2 under improvement, it succeeded in spanning more perfectly now.

I am doing adjustment in other modes now. Please look forward to the release of A2 BETA12.

• @bkmcwd.. I don't know if I'm right with this assumption..but I have been testing various patches using Elecard streameye.. I saw Flowmotion vs Spizz comparison video using the same and qp values was mentioned there. From what I understand, lower qp values = better quantiziation = better quality. However, to my surprise, on it, FM shows avg qp of 17..Drewnet X shows avg qp of 10 (sometime even 5) but Valkyrie 444 TZ3 shows avg of around 23-30. Is it a fair test or am I doing something wrong? Can you please explain. Thanks.

• @Aashay Your recognition about qp is not wrong. However, only low qp nor does determine the image quality. Although I may not explain correctly, either, this qp value changes by how the resource of bandwidth is distributed to resolving or gradation. Since gradation expression is thought as important clearly, 444 matrix adopted in Valkyrie cannot be used with qp low from the first, especially in low GOP. Although lower qp is better, of course, Valkyrie respects others more than it. And eventually your eyes will judge. Thanks mate. :-)

• @bkmcwd.. Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense as I didn't notice as visual inferiority as such from Valkyrie. That's why I was surprised. Would you kindly suggest a better way to check quality for resolving and gradation?

• @Aashay

Would you kindly suggest a better way to check quality for resolving and gradation?

Sorry, I am not sure. It is because I have left this work to many users. It seems that Valkyrie is predominant in gradation expression as the concept of Chris. :-)

• @bkmcwd I'm curious to test out the Valkyrie patches for myself but I'm not too clear on what the differences are between TZ3 and TZ4. I almost exclusively shoot at 24H cinema or 720/60p SH with a lot of low light shooting.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters