Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Edge of Tomorrow Trailer
  • 9 Replies sorted by
  • Oblivion II, anyone?

• It certainly couldn't be worse than Oblivion. This guy seems to be out to destroy science fiction single-handedly.

• No offense to any of the above but et al - watch 10 seconds of the above and try and envisage how you'd contemplate even making that 10 seconds that actually happened in that vid before Jay and Silent Bob-ing forum deconstruction moaning consider this - fuck me 99% of the lovely people here have never sat in front of a client - and that's no dis - musing what lenses and what diopter to use they don't care AT ALL - how much CA a certain bit of glass has not a fucking blink they dont care - it's lovely - but trust me the real world is a world of shit - nt what Valdermort portrays - fuck me he gets everything free cos you read his pseudo Germanic ramblings on "cinema" - Whatever he says in his Middle class gear fed life - TV is shit and hard - Film is shit and easier but longer runs and less well paid - more than ever - Ad world - full of cocks, and shit and hard but good $$ FULL STOP soz! Don't convince yourself it's going to be great and creative - NO - even now as a director - most of your day will be arguing why you want a camera - budgets are fucked - rant from my day to day slog real life job doing what Reid moans about that happily pays me, but living in the actual world - nothing interesting pays great or comes free - go out and utterly ignore all these blog numpties and do you thing - if it's good they'll buy it - they haven't bought their shit have they.

• @VK I think...he's basically saying its easy to moan about a film yet those moaners have no realistic concept of the sheer technical mountain and shitheap of a job it is making the film itself. He makes Voldermort an example of this as he "claims" to be a filmmaker and expertise in the field but hasn't a real clue what it is to make one. Please dont delete his post...that was very entertaining to read! haha

• indeed ha =)

• You don't have to be a great cook to criticise cooking.

• @soundgh2

ads world, full of cocks, and shit and hard but good $$ FULL STOP soz! LOL. Tv is shit all is shit, ALL less your own work.

• Making a commercial film is one of the hardest tasks you can choose. It's a crapshoot how well it turns out. There are so many variables, any film that achieves commercial release is already a success, or else it would have never been picked for distribution. Sometimes, like it appears here, there's hundreds of millions of dollars on the table. Learn to appreciate the parts not the whole. It's a rare occurrence, maybe if we're lucky , 3 films a year, that you can actually appreciate the work as a complete creative expression. I look forward to seeing it. And sometimes you have to see it once, and then wait a few years for the second viewing to really appreciate what's been done. I recently re-enjoyed war of the worlds on bluray. Cruise, for all his personal soap operas, is really a decent actor. Did he deserve the 5 million ? That's not for me to decide, unfortunately !