Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GoPro HERO3+ Black and Silver

Capture and share your life’s most meaningful experiences with the HERO3+ Black Edition. 20% smaller and lighter than its best-selling predecessor, it delivers improved image quality and powerful new features geared for versatility and convenience. SuperView™ is a new video mode that captures the world’s most immersive wide angle perspective, while Auto Low Light mode intelligently adjusts frame rate for stunning low-light performance. Combined with 30% longer battery life, 4x faster built-in Wi-Fi and a sharper lens, the HERO3+ Black Edition is the most advanced GoPro yet.

Stunning video quality has made GoPro the world’s best-selling camera company, and the HERO3+ Black Edition continues this tradition. High-resolution, high-frame rate 1440p48, 1080p60, 960p100 and 720p120 video modes result in professional quality footage and allow for liquid-smooth slow motion playback. 4Kp15 and 2.7Kp30 enable ultra high-resolution, cinema quality capture.

GoPro is proud to introduce SuperView, a video mode that captures the world’s most immersive wide angle perspective. It allows you to capture more of yourself and your surroundings in the shot—resulting in captivating, ultra engaging footage.

Enjoy crisper, clearer footage with reduced distortion. The HERO3+ Black Edition boasts a 33% increase in image sharpness thanks to its sharper lens and 2x reduction in imaging artifacts.

The HERO3+ Black Edition features upgraded audio performance, capturing even the most subtle of sounds.

Featuring a 30% increase in battery life.

Info/direct buy at:

Available also at:

Reviews:

k15.jpg
    609 x 374 - 41K
  • 65 Replies sorted by
  • Hero3+ Black:

• 20% smaller and lighter housing (waterproof to 131’/40m)
    • SuperView video mode captures the world’s most immersive wide angle perspective
    • Auto Low Light intelligently adjusts frame rate for stunning low light performance
    • 33% improved image sharpness and reduced distortion
    • Faster built-in Wi-Fi for enhanced connectivity to the Wi-Fi Remote (included) and GoPro App
    • 25% longer battery life
    • Upgraded audio performance

Hero3+ Silver:

• 20% smaller and lighter housing (waterproof to 131’/40m)
    • 2x faster image processor enables 1080p60 and 720p120 fps video
    • Enhanced low light performance
    • Improved image sharpness and reduced distortion
    • Faster built-in Wi-Fi for enhanced connectivity to the Wi-Fi Remote (sold separately) and GoPro App
    • 25% longer battery life
    • Upgraded audio performance
  • Battery life is big. I want one.

• Battery life is not an issue for me anymore. I just plug mine into a portable battery back and let it run. It would have to have 5x the battery life before it would really matter to me.

• The auto frame rate is nothing more than variable shutter duration. It will still record to a single frame rate file. However, the data for multiple frames in that video can be from a single capture. Basically now the shutter can span multiple frames.

If you are recording 720p @ 120 FPS in low light it will simulate 720p @ 30 FPS in a 720p @ 120 FPS container. The Panasonic cameras all do this in auto video modes.

I think I am going to wait for the Ambarella9 GoPro. These updates are not enough to justify buying a new one.

• GoPro have kept the video mode details of the new Blk 3+ off the dealer info presentation ( which i will post here after the official release) so dealers don't leak it. I heard it is 4k30 2.7k60 and 1080p120, but how they pulled that off and recorded reliably to microSD card, dissipated the extra heat and at the same time increased wifi speed will remain to be seen.

• heard it is 4k30 2.7k60 and 1080p120

Hmm. Seems like quite a progess.

• Yep, I've had my doubts too for the reasons I posted above, but......

• @Rambo

Is it still set to be Announced tonight? I will definitely upgrade if what you said turns out to be true. Thanks for sharing that info.

• As far as I know all the web pages are set to go live ( they made a brief appearance) and all going well should be tonite but usually the GoPro website crashes a bit on release nite or FW upgrade. Actually I can't post the official info as it has dealer margin details and other internal info in it, but it's basically what is on Reddit.

Yeah, if those specs are correct, it is what will prompt people to upgrade for sure.

• @Rambo - this would be unbelievably great...or just unbelievable ! What I find unbelievable is ....that they would be the first cheap 4k/30p , they would have the first 2.7k/60p, they would have the first 1080/120p, at less than $500, and all that, they would just call it a + upgrade. Doesn't make sense. I hope my logic fails me, but I'm in serious doubt mode.

• I am starting to think that what they left out was the GoPro 4 specs. The 3+ Silver and black will start selling immediately. The GoPro 4 will be announced tonight but won't start shipping for a month or so.

• No the official release sheet definitely has the Hero 3 Black Plus minus the video specs ( no mention of HD4) but anything's possible, even the duel lens single body 3D camera I posted about earlier.

• Ok looks like the video specs for the Black Plus are basically unchanged, the doubts were confirmed.

image.jpg
    851 x 548 - 85K
  • @Rambo

Hmm, it seems also that Silver is now much closer to Black.

• GoPro website is now live with the new cameras, all info. www.gopro.com

Yeah VK, only a few differences, this is probably what the original Blk should have been, increased battery life, faster wifi, better optics, audio volume record increase, low light mode for dummies who insist on using high frame rates and an ultra super duper super view mode. Big price though $529.

• GoPro's official new demo video using the HDHero3 Plus. Question their customers will be asking... How do I shoot footage like that?

• After watching that video = my life sucks.

• Mine too

• Did any one found exact weight of Black3+ in grams?
    I mean more specified then X % lighter.

• Camera: 74g (2.6oz) Camera with housing: 136g (4.8oz)

• Go Pro sure does it the right way! They announce and deliver their new products all on the same day. Just ordered the GP3+ Black on line for 399 plus 15 for shipping in 5 - 7 days. Nice!

• Thank you @rigs So GP3 weight is the same. Housing is 10% lighter. If the 30% would be true then GP9 will be 10g :)

• @rigs

It is pretty easy to ship right away when your improvements are largely software based. I am going to stick it out for the GoPro 4.