Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Wedding Videography
  • 299 Replies sorted by
  • Here is my latest!

Shot with Gh2, Gh3, Camcrane 2000, Konova k2 slider and all vintage lenses!

• Here is our latest.

Shot with GH3 and G6

• Here is our latest wedding film.

Shot on 2xGH3, one G6 and Panasonic 12-35mm lens + a whole bunch of Nikon lenses with SB and simple adapters.

• Wedding back in May.

• https://vimeo.com/m/93760945

Shot with the bmpcc , password 'Scotland' with capital S

• Any thoughts on reporting videographers who don't obey music copyright laws? I am in a town with 3 other videographers as compeition, and they all use mainstream songs in their videos that the clients obviously ask for. I have had many clients come to me asking for a certain song and I have to explain to them the reasoning behind not risking my business for a single song.

I would love to report their videos so that it is a fair playing field as it really kills it trying to do it the right way and getting less work because of it.

• @tylerknight

that is a very interesting issue.

Its got to be hard in the wedding industry to explain copywrite to people and sync rights. Everyone wants their pop music first dance song and they want to hear the music as it was that night.

I could see letting it slide if they just dubbed in the actual music captured live even though its illegal (most likely was illegal to play the song for public at the wedding itself) If they are using pop music through out as BG mood music then I personally would report them as they are selling illegal services the same way I feel you would report someone who is using pirated software or stolen hardware to create their business. If you start to loose clients due them choosing the to go the illegal route I'd make a big deal about it.

• There are licenses that exist that allow companies to use music throughout. How do you know they haven't bought one for the film?

• There is no licence that allows songs from major artists to be used on a wedding video budget. These are $2000 videos. If there is such a licence please direct me!

• In the uk, a company called PRS allows u to buy licensed specifically for this situation

• Anytime I have licensed pop top 40 songs for broadcast it has cost between $5k - $20k depending on song and who owns what rights. I'm sure a wedding could get it cheaper but I think it would still eat up almost the entire profit margin which is why most just steal. The chances of getting caught on wedding video is far less than broadcast so people roll the dice.

• Exactly what I'm saying @ratlabproductions

There is no affordable licensing options for event and wedding videographers here. I am spending $50 per track as it is on royalty free music which I don't mind.

The point is that I am losing customers to these videographers who are just risking it and I am getting burned for taking the proper route. I'm not sure if it would be sneaky to report their videos for copyright infringement, but I mean they are using anything from the lumineers, mumford and sons, all the way to aerosmith and I'm sure they didn't pay royalties for any of those songs.