Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Strange marks on video - Damaged Sensor?
  • So a mark/blotch has appeared on my videos recently! I think it happened after a lens change and there was some dust/dirt on the sensor as well which was visible with a loupe. However the mark in question doesn't seem to be visible when looking at the sensor?! It is present when using different lenses/no lens even It moves in ex-tele mode (to a position which would seem to correlate with the sensor crop of that mode) If I shoot a scene which has an over exposed section it will disappear as I move the camera to place the mark onto the over exposed area- i.e. no present when over exposed

I have tried a blower to remove the dust and also swabbed the sensor with a cleaning kit which removed all the dust etc. but this mark remains!!!

So what does it look like to you and has anyone encountered something similar?

Thanks in advance all!

Screen shot 2013-04-23 at 15.54.55.png
    94 x 75 - 12K
    Screen shot 2013-04-23 at 15.54.35.png
    1920 x 1079 - 2M
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Looks like dirt. Since you've already tried cleaning the sensor, maybe a pixel refresh would be helpful?

• Sorry meant to say I have done several pixel refreshes, and used the in camera sensor clean as well as the physical cleaning I mentioned.... It is perplexing and worrying!

• Time to get a Pocket BMcc

• and I assume there is nothing visible on the sensor using your eyes?

• @kazuo lol I preordered the day they announced! Still need a camera till that ships though ; )

@fatpig I have been able to see dust but that all cleaned off this I cannot seem to see... Will borrow a microscope this week and have a look...