Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 DC coupler to battery questions quick help
  • Left battery charger elsewhere, cannot get back for tomorrow's shooting at 11am. Battery flat.

Electronics shop open today but not tomorrow, closes at 5pm today (1:36pm as of writing), I'll get there about 45 min before it closes (currently at work).

Not a huge lot of options. But I'm going to see if I can rig up a simple voltage regulator based on zener diodes and a resistor with 10x AA Eneloop XX's (just under 14.3v total at full charge voltage iirc). They dont have a large variety, the best looks like a 9.1v 1watt zeneor diode, producing a maximum current of 110ma by the looks of it, so I'll stick a bunch in parallel to raise the maximum current output.

The question is, how much max current do I need for powering the GH2? Just need an emergency option without over-volting the camera (what is the highest safe voltage btw? Eneloop XX's provide very stable voltage for what they are).

Otherwise one option is to power regular with regular Eneloops, from testing, high current draw, the voltage sag is minimal, and stable over it's capacity.

In Melbourne CBD, Australia if someone has an alternative thats open till 5pm today

edit: Just read you can't easily put zener diodes in parallel.. well this is annoying

eneloop.jpg
    678 x 461 - 66K
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • I am sorry Vitaliy but that is really unhelpful, I'm am aware of the thread but I do not have the time to go through it, nor can I find what I want with google targeting this site.

I need to get something asap after I finish work today. I can't sit here research until I clock off, since I actually have work to do at work.

• I am sorry Vitaliy but that is really unhelpful, I'm am aware of the thread but I do not have the time to go through it, nor can I find what I want with google targeting this site.

Ouch. It was helpful as I referenced things that we have here on topic.

As for using referenced topic for your posts, it is how this community works.

Otherwise it is best to respect other people. They'll try to help you, but you must behave accordingly.